Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bacon Baguette HORROR SHOW - Part Deux

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Every thought of becoming a vegetarian? :thumbsup:

I am. I once asked if they did anything for vegetarians other than chips; anyone would have thought that I had insulted Islaam. Frosty, or what.
In fairness, another server said that they sometimes have Cheese & Onion pasties, but no-one had asked for them recently. What a surprise!

At another event (non-football) I was once told: "you could try a meat pie, - there's not much meat in them."

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
When we first moved to The withdean the food used to be quite good, can anyone remember at which point it started turning crap. Did they change caterers or something?

It's NOT changing the caterers that makes the service go crap! At a previous company I worked for, the standard of the food in the staff restaurant improved enormously whenever the catering contracts were coming up for renewal, and reached it's lowest standard in the middle of the contract term.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I am. I once asked if they did anything for vegetarians other than chips; anyone would have thought that I had insulted Islaam. Frosty, or what.
In fairness, another server said that they sometimes have Cheese & Onion pasties, but no-one had asked for them recently. What a surprise!

At another event (non-football) I was once told: "you could try a meat pie, - there's not much meat in them."

As a fellow vege I tried one of those pasties once, took the roof off my mouth off. Sometimes you do feel like a leper a vege though, but when you look at that bacon baguette and the dog meat they serve up as a burger I'm glad I don't touch meat anymore. If only people really knew the shit they were eating and how its actually killed they'd throw up before they'd even got to the burger van

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/jun/15/processed-meat-bacon-bowel-cancer

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am constantly amazed at the number of people who feel at 2.45 or 3.45 on a Saturday afternoon they need a lukewarm grey meat patty in a cold roll, or a hot dog, or a dried up mashed bacon baguette. Does this craving also take hold during the course of the week ? Is anyone at their desk at work at 3 in the afternoon thinking "cor, couldn't half do with a bog-standard undercooked overpriced burger right now".

Personally I'll have had lunch elsewhere, usually at home, between around 12 or 1-ish, or I'll grab something while I'm out and about BEFORE I get to the ground. If I find myself so hungry in the middle of the afternoon that I end up paying the thick end of a fiver for that shit they call food, then I'll know my day has gone very, VERY askew somehow.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am constantly amazed at the number of people who feel at 2.45 or 3.45 on a Saturday afternoon they need a lukewarm grey meat patty in a cold roll, or a hot dog, or a dried up mashed bacon baguette. Does this craving also take hold during the course of the week ? Is anyone at their desk at work at 3 in the afternoon thinking "cor, couldn't half do with a bog-standard undercooked overpriced burger right now".

Personally I'll have had lunch elsewhere, usually at home, between around 12 or 1-ish, or I'll grab something while I'm out and about BEFORE I get to the ground. If I find myself so hungry in the middle of the afternoon that I end up paying the thick end of a fiver for that shit they call food, then I'll know my day has gone very, VERY askew somehow.

This, though half of the people in D block seem to get theirs at 3.05 or 3.40 :angry:. Do you lot have this shit on top of lunch and dinner? I sometimes wonder how this countr continues to function with the diets people have.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Excuse me for taking a cynical look at this but, with just over a year to go and no chance of getting a stall at Falmer, is anyone really surprised that some of the caterers are looking to maximise their profits?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Have you lot noticed that every time you complaine to insider about the food that nothing is ever done when you complain about the stewards nothing is ever done bha really do value us supporters dont they .Bha had the chance to change to another fast food co.at begining of season but didnt knowing full well Weavers are utterly gash.Lets hope they get itb right at Falmer.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
The food consession at withdean were sorted out by the much malined Ecovert when they left this was taken over by Alexanders . When alexanders left this was taken over by the club ans has been for the last two seasons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on a minute.

They served OUT OF DATE drinks?

OUT OF DATE?

Am I right in saying they can be SUED for that?

No you are not because drinks usually have best before date as opposed to a use before which means that they can still be consumed after that date but may not be at their best.

If they had a use before date on the bottle then you would be correct.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
They can seriously be done and shut down, I think the best thing to do is boycott the food altoghether until a marked improvment in quality and h and s practice is in place i for one would avoid those shit pits and have only had a cup of tea from them in last 3 years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If only people really knew the shit they were eating and how its actually killed they'd throw up before they'd even got to the burger van

I know full well that most of the reformed crap is probably hosed off the abbatoir floor, but as long as it tastes nice and they've cleaned it by the time I eat it, I really don't care.

As far as I'm concerned meat comes from a packet, not an animal :thumbsup:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I dont bother with buying even a cup of tea down a withdean now since they started using sugar cubes, everyone sticking there hands in a bowl to get a lump of sugar, even the little plastic spoons are dirty!

Oct 25, 2003
can't imagine why anyone would even vaguely contemplate eating the shit they serve up there

why are people hungry at that time anyway? it's not even a natural meal time

brighton has plenty of places to get a decent lunch from.......why bother paying way over the odds for what is, essentially, a piece of shit in a bun?

there MUST be a way of providing decent food for a reasonably low cost surely? i can't comprehend how these companies think that it's alright to serve that shit......have they no SHAME?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I know full well that most of the reformed crap is probably hosed off the abbatoir floor, but as long as it tastes nice and they've cleaned it by the time I eat it, I really don't care.

As far as I'm concerned meat comes from a packet, not an animal :thumbsup:

Your choice mate, but your wrong....:facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I tend to think that when I see someone snacking on what they are buying in a supermarket. Have they really left there shopping to the last minute to such an extent that they can't even make it round the store before they have to tuck in. There has to be a little more forward planning to your food shopping.

As for the football though Easy, if you take our mate Steve as an example, he DOES eat before he goes to the game, and he still needs topping up during the match. I don't know if he's like that all week long, but a Saturday football trip and he doesn't seem to go more than a couple of hours between meals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here