Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baby abuse death,reveiw ordered.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Then, THPP, you just confirm that society is broken. How can it be right that the reason people don't beat a child is the financial reward rather than knowing that it's just sadistic? We've got to try and prevent this happening in the first place rather than offering money to people for not doing what they shouldn't be doing anyway.

Yeah, well, society IS broken. Least round some pockets of this supposedly civilised kingdom. That much is true. If it ends up we have to pay ferals not to kill their kids for fun, then so be it. Sticks'n'carrots innit. Just as long as it lets the kids grow up in a way most of us take for granted that kids should be allowed to grow up. The alternative is we have the ferals quietly put to death by death squad. Have to say, if the Lib Dems ever made that part of their manifesto, they'd SWEEP the nation's votes.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
When the enquiry has reported the facts the staff who attended the child, their immediate supervisors and the Head of Department must be sacked,at least they will not be responsible again for a child dieing and the staff remaining will it is hoped, do the job properly for which they are payed.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
In many ways it is that old visous circle,trick is how do you break it ? Maybe perhaps if some of us in society took pride in our appearance and standards it would be a start. Without doubt Labour,s attacks on the 'family ' unit have played apart to be a family man hold down a job and own your house do not fit with 'liberal left' within the Labour party and have had a major say in party policy. Why one should be sneered at,taxed to the hilt (and to see how much is wasted) and seen as old fashioned just because one believes that a stable family home/unit is the preferred and best way to bring up your kids in beyound me. :wave:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well i for one,find those of the liberal left in politics who seem to driving policy just dont see the family unit as a worthwhile option. :shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What about those of us on the liberal right who think that a stable home is best regardless of whether it constitutes what is traditionally seen as a family unit?

Victoria Climbie - murdered in a family unit.

Baby P - murdered in a family unit.

Fred and Rose West - family unit.

I've got lesbian mates with a lovely little boy. Biological father is gay and a great dad too. The boy is really loved. Honestly. Trust me, I grew up in a traditional family unit. It ain't necessarily the panacea it's portrayed to be.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anyone who doubts people can be so cruel to children should be watching "despatches" now on More 4..........truly shocking.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Or put another way over 240 days 60 visits are made, the child is permanently bruised, damaged, its ear lobbed is ripped, that tooth has disapeared, its lips are cut, it has a hole in its head and that is just its head.

And you're telling us we need another enquiry to tell us the HSS didn't f*** up.

We all no they did, the enquiry is to ensure it doesn't happen again

The point of an inquiry would be to find out how it happened and what lessons can be learnt, I didn't suggest that it would just be done to vindicate the social workers(?).

It's hard to accept, but it will NOT just be the incompetence of one profession that's entirely to blame. Only days before the child died the CPS failed to find a case for prosecuting the abusers. Ridiculous, huh? But is it necessarily the CPS fault? Or the police? What about the fact they won't be charged for murder? Should we see some high-ranking police officers lose their jobs? Or is it more complex than that?

I don't know the intimate details of this case, few do, but it won't be just a case of incompetent social workers not doing their jobs. Even if they find that to some degree that's the case that won't paint the entire picture and you'd be naive if you think it does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The news is reporting that the SW's had lined up foster care, 7 months before he died.
But management said no.

The point of an inquiry would be to find out how it happened and what lessons can be learnt, I didn't suggest that it would just be done to vindicate the social workers(?).

It's hard to accept, but it will NOT just be the incompetence of one profession that's entirely to blame. Only days before the child died the CPS failed to find a case for prosecuting the abusers. Ridiculous, huh? But is it necessarily the CPS fault? Or the police? What about the fact they won't be charged for murder? Should we see some high-ranking police officers lose their jobs? Or is it more complex than that?

I don't know the intimate details of this case, few do, but it won't be just a case of incompetent social workers not doing their jobs. Even if they find that to some degree that's the case that won't paint the entire picture and you'd be naive if you think it does.

Fair enough, I know the way you put your point over on Sat was annoying.

It appears that the Police wanted to pull this baby away from the immediate family, so dis the case officer, but senior SS staff believed the baby should be part of the family unit.

The case officer had 18 cases and was recognised as being overloaded.

I have made this points earlier about my knowledge and experiences of SS in LOndon and generally from their journals etc.

A weekly read of the Guardian never paints a great picture of morale in that profession.

To pick up on another point. Not yours.

There is a fair difference on the spectrum of a child having a few falls than the beatings this child experienced. Competant paeditricians can spot the difference.

Fair enough, I know the way you put your point over on Sat was annoying.

It appears that the Police wanted to pull this baby away from the immediate family, so did the case officer, but senior SS staff believed the baby should be part of the family unit.

The case officer had 18 cases and was recognised as being overloaded.

I have made this points earlier about my knowledge and experiences of SS in LOndon and generally from their journals etc.

A weekly read of the Guardian never paints a great picture of morale in that profession.

To pick up on another point. Not yours.

There is a fair difference on the spectrum of a child having a few falls than the beatings this child experienced. Competant paeditricians can spot the difference.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When the enquiry has reported the facts the staff who attended the child, their immediate supervisors and the Head of Department must be sacked,at least they will not be responsible again for a child dieing and the staff remaining will it is hoped, do the job properly for which they are payed.

Why bother with an enquiry as you seem to know all the fact already and have the P45s lined up waiting. Oh, perhaps if you waited a day then the news now is that the attending social worker wanted the child in care but it was her senior officer who disagreed. Well, that social worker would be pretty miffed if you had sacked her already and her caseload of kids at risk now became even more vulnerable!!!

SO WHAT ABOUT THE 60 TEACHERS!

Haringey Council put Education in front of everything else and that's part of the problem.
The Head of Service is obvioulsy still supporting the political line and doing a reasonable job here, so the Head Teachers are backing her.

My knowledge of working at Haringey leading up to and around Climbie was that money was being drawn from all services to support Education, resulting in gaps in service and poor front service across the Board!.

Where's the parallel letter fom the various section heads of SS?

The news is reporting that the SW's had lined up foster care, 7 months before he died.
But management said no.

So within one month of visits they want to move him out of the home.

But after say another 45-50 visits with his body gradually being more and more beaten. No one does anything more to protect him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So within one month of visits they want to move him out of the home.

But after say another 45-50 visits with his body gradually being more and more beaten. No one does anything more to protect him.

Kind of looks that way.
HC are disputing those findings, say EVERYBODY was in agreement that P should stay where he was.

Seems a little odd.
A SW wouldn't take removing a child lightly, but is then 'in agreement' when they are over ruled.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Couple behind Baby P death named

BBC NEWS | England | London | Couple behind Baby P death named

Ugly bastards aren't they.

To be honest, I think this is even uglier. From the Telegraph:

"Connelly, 28, who admitted causing or allowing Baby Peter’s death, could be released from jail in as little as three years.

She has already been placed in solitary accommodation in prison to protect her from fellow prisoners, such is the level of the notoriety she has gained since full details of her son’s treatment were disclosed.

It is almost certain that under human rights laws she will be granted lifelong anonymity once she is freed.

By claiming that she had the right to a life free from vigilante attacks or intrusion by the media, she would be given a new name, moved to a home equipped with panic buttons and provided with round-the-clock police protection for the rest of her life at an estimated cost to the taxpayer of £1 million a year."

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The problem is in a civilised society we can't really just let them be lynched by the general public, as justifiable as it would be in this situation.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The problem is in a civilised society we can't really just let them be lynched by the general public, as justifiable as it would be in this situation.

If enough people gave a fiver each a public lynching wouldnt be needed, a tenner may make they job very painful as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here