Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans in the home end

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Noticed a couple of comments like this on Palace site -

I will be sitting amongst the enemy as well. I won't be with rabid Brighton supporters but they're not Palace either. I advise quite restraint when celebrating the tsunami of Palace goals, because you will get the attention of the stewards. Little chance of anything more than a dirty look from the BHA ultra's

------------------------------

Now I don't go in for the whole Danny Dyer stuff, but if you do the above and make it known. YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET IMO. NO SYMPATHY FROM ME.

Am I wrong ?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I don't see the problem if they're sensible. I've sat with opposition fans at home and away many times and quite like to get the opposition perspective on a game and a bit of info on their players. It's only a problem to knuckle draggers really.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
So far this season I've seen Liverpool and Newcastle fans in the WSU wearing replica shirts so I'm sure we'd welcome some Palace fans up there.
It's along way back down if you don't take the stairs though.

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't see the problem if they're sensible. I've sat with opposition fans at home and away many times and quite like to get the opposition perspective on a game and a bit of info on their players. It's only a problem to knuckle draggers really.

have you ever sat in the palace home end though for a brighton game?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003

I stood in the Palace end for the 5 penalty game in '89 it was hard not to get noticed with all the penalties awarded and then they missed 3 of them!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think we've all done it, as you say it's not a problem so long as you're sensible and also 'respectful'. I was in with the Southampton fans (along with my Saints-supporting brother-in-law and his son) for the game at St Marys two seasons ago (Poyet's first game in charge). There was no problem, partly because when we scored I didn't leap up and shout "YESSSSS! GET IN THERE! TAKE THAT YOU f***ing INBRED MUGGY HAMPSHIRE *****!" Wanted to, but didn't. Any away fan in a home stand in a replica shirt who openly cheers their team's goals deserves to get twatted imo. But, like you say, not a problem for normal people.

Yes! Went with my Dad who was a Palace fan. It has to be said though this was in the days before the rivalry.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think we've all done it, as you say it's not a problem so long as you're sensible and also 'respectful'. I was in with the Southampton fans (along with my Saints-supporting brother-in-law and his son) for the game at St Marys two seasons ago (Poyet's first game in charge). There was no problem, partly because when we scored I didn't leap up and shout "YESSSSS! GET IN THERE! TAKE THAT YOU f***ing INBRED MUGGY HAMPSHIRE *****!" Wanted to, but didn't. Any away fan in a home stand in a replica shirt who openly cheers their team's goals deserves to get twatted imo. But, like you say, not a problem for normal people.

Yes! Went with my Dad who was a Palace fan. It has to be said though this was in the days before the rivalry.
Different experience from me then. I was in the Saints home end with a couple of mates and got ejected. They didn't like us being there. I was in the home end at Orient and again they knew we were Albion fans along with the stewards. Everyone around us were superb and actually invited for a beer afterwards. Not bad considering we had just beaten them.
I suppose it depends on what part of the ground you are in and how you behave. Also i never wear colours to matches.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not sure I believe all this crap from Palarse fans. Either a Bha fan gave them their ticket, in which case, take their ST off them or Palace fans have a purchase history at withdean??
It's Bollocks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm sure that there are plenty of away supporters who get in as corporate guests in the boxes every game. The palace game will be no different, you just might get a few claiming on their Internet forum that they're in the 'Brighton End' to try and score a few cyber lad points.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's just bravado bullshit from Palace fans, transparent fishing, designed to elicit a response on here. There aren't going to be dozens of them in any home stand so don't worry about it.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I sat in the Feyenoord end against Chelski in the Champions League years ago for a laugh (Not a Chelski fan)! Did not sing or talk or move and will never go through that experience again! Shit your pants scary when about 200 facists started making slit you throat signs at us , then in came the coins! I will be sticking to home ends me thinks! or on this ocassion should have been the away end!

How will the scum get tickets in our end, if they do cause trouble and it has come from a season ticket holder then it should be taken from them. Would they be as brain dead to sing or cheer in the home end though! probably?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They won't. Get tickets I mean.

As someone else said, it's just a few of their messageboard bennys trying to score points.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't forget there are a lot of corporate hospitality type tickets (I'm thinking the South end of the East Stand) so they may well have got hold of some of them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
who cares

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Rather than grass to stewards - wouldn't it be better to quietly intimidate any scum discovered in the home end. No need for shouts, coins or anything physical, just a few quiet words that they will be lucky to make it out of the ground alive. Mental torture might make them think twice about it next time and you won't have to worry about being banned etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here