Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans in the home end

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Anyone sitting in the opposition end at a derby match stupid enough to make it noticeable can expect to be twatted, and thus will get no sympathy from me. I'd never do it for Palace, because i think not being able to celebrate would be worse than not being there.
They can't have got tickets unless somebody has sold a 1901/ST seat anyway. But i wouldn't take too well to a Palace fan sitting anywhere near me.

Jan 30, 2008
what's all the fuss about, Brighton got into the away pen against Palace at the Goldstone and i remember Paki clive and his followers getting into the away corner at Selhurst , SHIT HAPPENS GET OVER IT !!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I am under the impression a number of season tickets have been purchased by local junior football clubs with the intention of spreading the ticket to different people for different games. Hence we have different people coming to different games and non-albion fans.

The football clubs concerned have paid their money for ST's so can do what they like.

For ref - The palace game is going to a palace supporter.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
have you ever sat in the palace home end though for a brighton game?

actually yes I have, with some of my "friends" in the nearby Brighton end pointing us out to the Palace! We had no bother though, had enough sense not to do anything to wind them up too much. No real fans gonna have a problem if they're sensible and show a bit of respect.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Why would the Palace fans want a quiet night out when they could have a quiet night in?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Well if any sit near me I think I will be a snob and tell the stewards to kick them out im affaid

Can a person be ejected just for being in home end and not supporting the home team ?
Fully appreciate someone wearing the shirt giving it large etc, but just because someone reports a person sitting watching the saying they are an "away fan" ,it this just cause for them to be removed ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
what's all the fuss about, Brighton got into the away pen against Palace at the Goldstone and i remember Paki clive and his followers getting into the away corner at Selhurst , SHIT HAPPENS GET OVER IT !!

Why was he called "paki clive" ?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Can a person be ejected just for being in home end and not supporting the home team ?
Fully appreciate someone wearing the shirt giving it large etc, but just because someone reports a person sitting watching the saying they are an "away fan" ,it this just cause for them to be removed ?

Nah they should be made to feel very uncomfortable, and then leave cos they feel they have to.:O:O

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't see the problem if they're sensible. I've sat with opposition fans at home and away many times and quite like to get the opposition perspective on a game and a bit of info on their players. It's only a problem to knuckle draggers really.
No its a problem with almost everyone,.... if there is an away fan near me, I will report him to the stewards, then send a note to the club stating the seat number and get the season ticket holder slapped on the wrist for offloading his seat to an away fan.... simple.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
YES, the stadium rules( and FA/FL rules) state somewhere that home areas are for home fans only.... simple.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
YES, the stadium rules( and FA/FL rules) state somewhere that home areas are for home fans only.... simple.

Find it very hard to believe where are neutrals supposed to go ?
If I go to any ground in the country I have to support either on the teams playing according to FA/FL rules ??
Very hard to believe.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Whilst there inevitably will be a small number of Palace fans in the home stands, they really would have to be insane to make themselves known.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
No its a problem with almost everyone,.... if there is an away fan near me, I will report him to the stewards, then send a note to the club stating the seat number and get the season ticket holder slapped on the wrist for offloading his seat to an away fan.... simple.

You disgust me.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
IMG_1171[1].JPG
or maybe i just couldnt read back then !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here