Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
3-0 against Walsall......David Livermore at left back :facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I might have been at that one, or it might have been Bolton.

One guy I was going with wanted his stereo in the car.
He changed them going up the A23, fused it, and we did the whole journey with no background noise.

My memory obviously going, I just looked up the Oldham one, and it was Dec 1st 1990 - 2 months before my birthday weekend :facepalm:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Don't know whats worse - a mega away trip to the grim north and conceding the only goal in the last couple of minutes followed by that never ending drive home or bravely taking a tonking at Pompey or Palarse and staying to the bitter end to show our true support, however hard it hurt. Think the latter is more important. Have experienced both and the pain felt the following day isn't good. Fortunately doesn't happen quite so frequently these days.

On the other hand there have been some cracking away days/nights which really make it worthwhile. A home win is always great but there is something really special about going away and turning in a real performance and seeing/hearing the home fans silenced.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing for me beats Barnsley away in the League Cup in about 1982 (I think). We got there late and and for years I thought (although I may have been told at the time and forgotten) that we'd lost 4-0. It was only recently I discovered that we'd scored first and lost 4-1!

I think there can't have been more than a few dozen Albion there that night (I know El Pres was one). Really brought home to me how fickle Albion's support was. We'd been struggling in the league (mainly because we were in the top division!) and the support had just melted away.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Grimsby away. 1985(?). Wet. Cold. Lost 5-0. Shithole. Terrible experience all round.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Only been to one Villa away match....Last season away to Man U. Young diving for a penalty and we got thumped 4-0. 3 hour drive from Brum, sitting on the M6 like its a car park. Being so desperate for a piss I make my mate pull over on the side of the road. Get back in car drive 1/2 km to realize my wallet fell out of pocket back where I piss. Marching down the M6 with my mate reversing down the shoulder to get my wallet. Poor result. Best part was getting back to Brum and beating my mate 10-8 on Fifa :lol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Notable mentions for Watford away last season due to the f***ing dire performances of the whole team, especially Harley and Paynter, and MK Dons away in the great escape season. Really thought we were guaranteed relegation after that game.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Newcastle away snowed off. Only found out when we got off train at Newcastle. Early 90's sometime.

I remember that one well.

Left Brighton on the Friday and stayed with a friend in Wolverhampton. Woke up to find the country covered in snow and the match called off. To make matters worse I had to spend the majority of Saturday in the crap hole that was Wolverhampton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Losing 1-0 at WBA and getting coined at their railway station........(I actually quite enjoyed that :lolol: )

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Don't think you can really judge an away day on the result - the day is entirely what you make of it. An awful match can almost act as a catalyst for a good day out, as it tends to result in leaving early and more time in the pub!

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Just remembered another "classic". When I was living in Brighton, my mate called round and suggested we watch the Albion up at Southend that evening, a Tuesday in Jan/Feb.1976.

So off we drove at 4pm, it took ages, remember, there was no M25 in those days and got to Roots Hall 20 minutes after kick-off.

Just in time to see Peter Sylvester score the first of Southend's goals as we were tonked 4-0.

Horrible journey there, horrible game to watch, horrible journey back.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Norwich away (FA Cup I think) around 2003? - one of those horrible fixtures between Xmas & New Year. I hired a minibus for a load of us, it snowed all the way, stood in a frozen stand until 15:45 - still no game to watch, they finally called it off due to floodlight failure! Couldn't even drown sorrows as I was DES!! I remember Norwich offering all Albion fans a "free hot drink" if you came back to the rearranged midweek fixture - no thanks!!

I went back and I think we got a £5 voucher if memory serves? Still lost though.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Almost every game at Gillingham we were so poor during that period only thing that really kept me going was the fact we collectively were keeping the Albion alive

27th March 1970 (Good Friday).
Watched us beat Reading 2-1 at home then caught a no.5 bus back to my parents flat. Changed and went out; got soaked waiting for the bus outside the Downsman in Hangleton Way, caught the Supporters Club Coach (in those days from outside St Peter's I think) for an overnight trip to Halifax.
28th March (Sat). It rains all night and is still doing so when we arrive at the Shay - such a depressing ground then, the terracing behind one of the goals seems to be located on a spoil tip. We are dreadful but somehow only lose 1-0, it rains all the way back to Brighton, I have been soaked for 36 hrs when I eventually get home.
30th March (Mon). Off to Craven Cottage to witness a 4-1 thumping by Fulham - Steve Earle and Barry Lloyd are amongst the scorers.
3rd April (Fri). Same routine as the previous week, catch a no.5 bus from outside the Downsman in Hangleton Way and pick-up the Supporters Club Coach for an overnight geography field trip to Rochdale.
4th April (Sat). Coach stops off at Old Trafford en-route, Man Utd are playing away and we all walk into the ground and on to the pitch. Someone has a ball and a string of "no goalie" penalties ensue in the Stretford End. We soon get spotted but the groundstaff are very polite and we leave for Spotland. I have my first ever cup of Bovril, get called a southern pansie by a girl called Sarah and we go in at half-time leading 1-0. Still, the Albion manage to cap a splendid week for all by conceding two late(ish) goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here