Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australians & Muslims

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
While we're Oz bashing, when I was there last summer with my Japanese mate, some bloke who looked like an alchy / druggy decided to launch into a tirade about disgusting it mixed races were hanging out. Glad to say my mate wasn't able to understand his foul slurrings. Add to that the yells of some customers to the KFC security gaurd to "go back where you come from" and my impression of Oz wasn't an especially great one.

Not saying I've not seen similar stuff in the UK, but it's far less likely, and far more likely to create a reaction (yeah, yeah, if I find it so bad I should have said something, but why spoil a holiday by getting in a fight with racists?).

I loved Oz though, but it's got a far more overt racism problem.

That being said, if people want to live in a country then they have to abide to the rules.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Dies Irae said:
I would guess that they do not have "radical Christians" suggesting that they go around killing other people indescriminately because they do not believe in their form of diety worship.

They do in Northern Ireland. :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
hans kraay fan club said:
Dave is right that this thread has drifted, and people are arguing about two different things. I imagine that the vast majority of the Australian population agree that you cannot unilaterally decide that you are going to live under Sharia law.

That was not my gripe with Algie at all. He clearly knows little about the Australian population beyond Ramsay Street and Summer Bay. It strikes me from my extended working trips there that the population is becoming more and more multi-cultural each time I visit, yet the government is not at all refelctive of this, which cannot be healthy in the long term.

The only part of the original statement that I do have a problem with, and would imagine [I do not profess to speak for the entire Australian electorate] that many would be uncomfortable is this;

"This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served
only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity".

For decades Australia has begged for immigration to boost its population and workforce. It has never made a great deal of attempt to integrate the various peoples. Most Italian-Australians, even 3rd generation, will still spend their free time at the huge Italian clubs, play soccer for an all Italian team, etc. The same goes for the Greeks, the Lebanese, the Croats and so on.

The country has always been happy with this and has in fact celebrated the fact that these communities can co-exist, and can remain 'Italian', yet proudly 'Australian' at the same time.

To now attack this multi-culturalism is at least perverse, at worst racist, because what he is really saying [or rather, carefully not saying] is that multi-culturalism is okay if you mean Italian, Canadian, Croat or something like that but not if you are a filthy terrorist paki.
Hans your missing the main issue here and you know it.

Your trying to label people racist because the issue in question refers to Muslims, or terrorist Pakis as you say.
Yes the Italians, Canadians and Croat may live in there own little cpmmunities, playing for there own football teams, and partying at their own clubs.
But one huge difference is they don't want the whole of their new country to live under their stupid regilious laws.
That is the whole point, but you've unsuccessfully tried to turn it into an Asian/Paki racist issue. No one is against the Muslims who live life under the Aussie laws, its the extreme Muslims who want to live under stricts Muslims law in another country.
You lost your argument on this thread long ago, you've even agreed with the main point of what the Aussie's done, but to turn it into a 'the whole world hates Asians and Muslims' rant, shows you for what you really are.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Mr Burns said:

Your trying to label people racist because the issue in question refers to Muslims, or terrorist Pakis as you say.
Yes the Italians, Canadians and Croat may live in there own little cpmmunities, playing for there own football teams, and partying at their own clubs.
But one huge difference is they don't want the whole of their new country to live under their stupid regilious laws.
That is the whole point, but you've unsuccessfully tried to turn it into an Asian/Paki racist issue. No one is against the Muslims who live life under the Aussie laws, its the extreme Muslims who want to live under stricts Muslims law in another country.
You lost your argument on this thread long ago, you've even agreed with the main point of what the Aussie's done, but to turn it into a 'the whole world hates Asians and Muslims' rant, shows you for what you really are.

Still hiding your racism behind the muslim issue I see

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
As mentioned youre all going off on little tangents...

The email at the beginning of this thread is an old one - adapted and modernised for recent events - I remember getting something like this when I first started working and email was a new thing to me!!

Anyhow - where I grew up, where I was born and raised we had people from all different backgrounds. My high school had an aboriginal reserve attached to it. The aborigines would come down from Christmas Island or where ever to come to school and then go home in the holidays. Our local newagent was lebanese and my doctor is chinese, the majority of the service jobs were done by non english speaking peoples (Greek, Lebanese, Italian etc) and they work bloody hard.

HOWEVER, only a couple of the working peeps lived locally, quite a few returned to their own enclaves in the evening, to drink with their own people and live/talk/worship and interact with their own. They buy up great streets of property and move their own people into them. They build their own churches/places of worship and wouldn't let anyone else in. They built their own schools and dictated what would be taught there...Hurstville, Marickville, Paramatta to name a few of my local suburbs.

It is for this reason that the email at the beginning of this thread was written. Many have successfully intergrated, but quite a few haven't. The crus of the matter is that with all the madness going on in the world and these people not willing to integrate with the rest of us pleb, the suspician is that they are all out to get us, and this breeds that horrible trait called RACISM!!

and you know what - its suspiciously familiar here...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mr Burns said:

Have you actually read this thread at all Mr.Burns?

I am not missing any point, thank you. I have stated twice that I agree with the sentiment that you cannot unilaterally adhere to your own laws, instead of those of where you choose to live.

I am not here to win or lose any argument, but my input into this debate has never been related to this central issue. I have replied to those who were raising the general question of whether Australia is racist. I have some degree of knowledge of this so feel at liberty to express what I have experienced.

The second point I have made, which seems to have developed to this point, is to contradict Algie's assertion that he knows what the entire Australian population thinks, when he clearly knows very little about the subject.

Oh, and finally - what exactly has this shown me up to be?

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
While we're Oz bashing, when I was there last summer with my Japanese mate, some bloke who looked like an alchy / druggy decided to launch into a tirade about disgusting it mixed races were hanging out. Glad to say my mate wasn't able to understand his foul slurrings. Add to that the yells of some customers to the KFC security gaurd to "go back where you come from" and my impression of Oz wasn't an especially great one.

Not saying I've not seen similar stuff in the UK, but it's far less likely, and far more likely to create a reaction (yeah, yeah, if I find it so bad I should have said something, but why spoil a holiday by getting in a fight with racists?).

I loved Oz though, but it's got a far more overt racism problem.

That being said, if people want to live in a country then they have to abide to the rules.

So you're judging an entire nation by a drunk TRAMP. That's an absolutely absurd argument to run with. Unbelievable.

Anyway, there are two issues here. One - the point of the thread is around Australian politician comments about extremist Muslims living in a country they hate. I fail to see how these comments are contraversial - absolutely spot on IMO. And then there is the issue of ow Aboriginals are threated. They are very separate issues, and should be treated so.

And the difference about kicking out extremist Muslims & Chavs from Crawley is that the Chavs are BRITISH. The extremist are usually (not always) from different countries who have come to Australia by choice & now seek to destroy it. Very different circumstances.

When I came back to England recently with my Malasyian fiancee, we got all sorts of weird & strange looks from people in Brighton. In the UK racism is more underground than Australia, but it's just as rampant I'm afraid

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Stumpy Tim said:
Anyway, there are two issues here. One - the point of the thread is around Australian politician comments about extremist Muslims living in a country they hate. I fail to see how these comments are contraversial - absolutely spot on IMO. And then there is the issue of ow Aboriginals are threated. They are very separate issues, and should be treated so.

Well pointed out - many people on here wouldn't be familiar with the history around the australian governments treatment of Aboriginals

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
And the difference about kicking out extremist Muslims & Chavs from Crawley is that the Chavs are BRITISH. The extremist are usually (not always) from different countries

I think you will find that the vast majority of terrorist acts in Britain in the last 50 years have been by British born terrorists of various religions and beliefs

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Stumpy Tim said:
So you're judging an entire nation by a drunk TRAMP. That's an absolutely absurd argument to run with. Unbelievable.

If that had been the only example I had used then I would have been. But it wasn't. So I wasn't.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Haha this is funny!

A Bigger load of bunkem iv'e never read.

Let's review a few things.

* English/Australian whats the difference it's all just bloody anglo-saxons.

* some twat mentioned the australians treatment of the native, sorry but it was the english who began the process of treating them like animals.

* if we wish to view a scenario of one of the worlds most racist treatments of a people look no further than the english treatment of the irish.

* australia has no track record of racist football fans being banned.

* australia has no far right political parties like england does.

* australia did not brutalise half the world for its own economical gain.

* it was a norman twat ruling an anglo nation that went on a cruade that pissed the muslims off to a point where they still resent the west over those actions 800 years later.

To sum it up if Australian's are racist it can be put down to their genes because they are descended from a racist lot of so and sos.

How does the old saying go...the apple never falls far from the tree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here