Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australians & Muslims

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
algie said:
So a figure 76.9% Australian born.They don't have a right to govern the way they want to?That is 3/4 of the population.Like what they said.Don't like it then go.Live by there law or jump ship.Is this racist?Th rest are only small factions.I think that really sums it up

76.9% Australian born, doesn't say '76.9 % white Australians of British descent'. Many of those people are first generation Asian-Australian. I am not arguing with the 'live by the law of the land sentiment', I agree with it wholeheartedly. My issue was with your blithe, sweeping take on the 'views of the Aussies' with no regards to, or knowledge of, the views of significant proportions of that population.

They are not 'small factions', they are Australian citizens, every bit as much as your Alf Stewart, Shane Warne type that you so clearly think constitutes an 'Australian'. Is my wife's Irish-Australian cousin more 'Australian' than her Indonesian-Australian husband? What about their new son?

Oct 25, 2003
yes, i want sharia law, i DEFINITELY said that in my post didn't i?

my point was that how do you know that "the people of this country" implying ALL of them, would want to see people with differant views to the NORM, on how the country should be run, KICKED OUT?!

do you agree with ALL of our laws?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hans kraay fan club said:
What about their new son?

He is a boy!

Do I win a prize?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
hans kraay fan club said:
76.9% Australian born, doesn't say '76.9 % white Australians of British descent'. Many of those people are first generation Asian-Australian. I am not arguing with the 'live by the law of the land sentiment', I agree with it wholeheartedly. My issue was with your blithe, sweeping take on the 'views of the Aussies' with no regards to, or knowledge of, the views of significant proportions of that population.

They are not 'small factions', they are n citizens, every bit as much as your Alf Stewart, Shane Warne type that you so clearly think constitutes an 'Australian'. Is my wife's Irish-Australian cousin more 'Australian' than her Indonesian-Australian husband? What about their new son?

How many people back that statement up in Australia?I bet the vast majority does and thats whats counts.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tommy boy said:
yes, i want sharia law, i DEFINITELY said that in my post didn't i?

my point was that how do you know that "the people of this country" implying ALL of them, would want to see people with differant views to the NORM, on how the country should be run, KICKED OUT?!

do you agree with ALL of our laws?

I think you are being slightly disingenuous mate. I think you have to go back to the original point in the first post to get what the aussie bloke was going on about......the thread has become a bit fragmented ( like the badger)

ie live by the rules of the country or bugger off...basically, which I am sure 99.999999% of the poeple on here would agree with, especially if the conclusion is " I dont like this country and its policies, therefore I am going to blow myself up on a bus or train and take as many of you bastards with me as possible.." Surely that cannot be allowed can it?

Oct 25, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I think you are being slightly disingenuous mate. I think you have to go back to the original point in the first post to get what the aussie bloke was going on about......the thread has become a bit fragmented ( like the badger)

ie live by the rules of the country or bugger off...basically, which I am sure 99.999999% of the poeple on here would agree with, especially if the conclusion is " I dont like this country and its policies, therefore I am going to blow myself up on a bus or train and take as many of you bastards with me as possible.." Surely that cannot be allowed can it?

sorry david, i was replying to the post a couple above me

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dies Irae said:

Good post.But unfortunatly there's quite a few who don't see it your way.It's the racist issue AGAIN

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dies Irae said:

Exactly what I was thinking!! Well posted :clap:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's quite a few white british chavs around Crawley that won't live by our laws - can we kick them out please

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
WATFORD zero said:
There's quite a few white british chavs around Crawley that won't live by our laws - can we kick them out please

Rather chavs then people who are prepared to blow themselves up and others

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i think you could probably hazzard a guess

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dave is right that this thread has drifted, and people are arguing about two different things. I imagine that the vast majority of the Australian population agree that you cannot unilaterally decide that you are going to live under Sharia law.

That was not my gripe with Algie at all. He clearly knows little about the Australian population beyond Ramsay Street and Summer Bay. It strikes me from my extended working trips there that the population is becoming more and more multi-cultural each time I visit, yet the government is not at all refelctive of this, which cannot be healthy in the long term.

The only part of the original statement that I do have a problem with, and would imagine [I do not profess to speak for the entire Australian electorate] that many would be uncomfortable is this;

"This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served
only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity".

For decades Australia has begged for immigration to boost its population and workforce. It has never made a great deal of attempt to integrate the various peoples. Most Italian-Australians, even 3rd generation, will still spend their free time at the huge Italian clubs, play soccer for an all Italian team, etc. The same goes for the Greeks, the Lebanese, the Croats and so on.

The country has always been happy with this and has in fact celebrated the fact that these communities can co-exist, and can remain 'Italian', yet proudly 'Australian' at the same time.

To now attack this multi-culturalism is at least perverse, at worst racist, because what he is really saying [or rather, carefully not saying] is that multi-culturalism is okay if you mean Italian, Canadian, Croat or something like that but not if you are a filthy terrorist paki.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest hans I agree with what you are saying, however whist the Greeks/Italians etc etc may chose to spend their leisure/spare time in their own communities, I would guess that they do not have "radical Christians" suggesting that they go around killing other people indescriminately because they do not believe in their form of diety worship.

Remember this argument is all about extremism...its is not about the general BNP loving racist hurling abuse at people, its about a form of extreme religious zealot that cares not for his own life or the lives of those he/she takes with them. In fact that zealot believes that it is his duty to sacrifice his life and end others for the good of the cause, ie Jihad

this is what scares the crap out of me when Iran is actively refining uranium for an atomic bomb.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dies Irae said:
To be honest hans I agree with what you are saying, however whist the Greeks/Italians etc etc may chose to spend their leisure/spare time in their own communities, I would guess that they do not have "radical Christians" suggesting that they go around killing other people indescriminately because they do not believe in their form of diety worship.

Remember this argument is all about extremism...its is not about the general BNP loving racist hurling abuse at people, its about a form of extreme religious zealot that cares not for his own life or the lives of those he/she takes with them. In fact that zealot believes that it is his duty to sacrifice his life and end others for the good of the cause, ie Jihad

this is what scares the crap out of me when Iran is actively refining uranium for an atomic bomb.

Do you honestly believe Israel,US,UK etc will allow this to happen?Even other middle east countries are worried what Iran are doing.Putting sanctions on them won't stop Iran with there program

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
as i see it, the problem with Iran is that although the Americans/Isrealis etc depise the regime, the Americans have been bitten very badly in Iraq and I am convinced the American people would not support an attack on Iran. If the Iranians can get away with kidnapping the whole of the US Embassy in tehran without the US flattening the country, then I think that time has passed.

Anyway, the russians it appears are supplying the technicians for the nuclear power stations they are building so the Security council would never pass a resolution to attack them in Iran ( and they have friends in China also)

I know what you mean about the Isreali's after all they did this to Iraq, so they have the history behind them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Do you have evidence for this?

The US doesn't, or rather if it does, it's not telling us, so how do you know?

No you are dead right...they are not producing anything of the sort.

thanks for clearing that up Alan.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dies Irae said:
No you are dead right...they are not producing anything of the sort.

thanks for clearing that up Alan.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here