Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australians & Muslims

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
> AND SEND OUR UK POLITICIANS THE MESSAGE THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF US
> BELIEVE AS THE AUSSIES DO.........

Who do you reckon the us is - The local conservative association, the UKIP, the BNP, Oceanic and Looneys big gay lovefest?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
sparkie said:
Was in a bar on a train in Australia and got talking to some Aussies. They quite openly were talking of Muslims as 'Towel heads' and 'Bomb chuckers', and I really couldn't believe how direct and open they were about it. One in the bollocks for the PC brigade I thought at the time.

It wasn't Dean Jones was it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Couldn't agree more with what the Aussies think, takes a brave politican to actually come out and say what the people of his country feel. If only ours would do the same

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Rookie said:
Couldn't agree more with what the Aussies think, takes a brave politican to actually come out and say what the people of his country feel. If only ours would do the same

Oooooooh aren't you controversial!

Oct 25, 2003
Rookie said:

do you know that thats what "the people of his country feel" for a FACT?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Rookie said:

Stay of this thread mate.Lefties will call you a racist and then slag you off.The Aussies have got there heads screwed on.
By the way i wouldn't call it brave but rational

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
algie said:
Stay of this thread mate.Lefties will call you a racist and then slag you off.The Aussies have got there heads screwed on.

Which ones?

The white Aussies of British descent, or the Aussies as a whole?

Hopefully you are also in agreement with the views of the Australian Greeks, Italians, Lebanese, Indonesians, Koreans, Indians and Slavs who also make up significant proportions of the Australian electorate.

Not to mention the Aborigines.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
hans kraay fan club said:
Which ones?

Hopefully you are also in agreement with the views of the Australian Greeks, Italians, Lebanese, Indonesians, Koreans, Indians and Slavs who also make up significant proportions of the Australian electorate.

Break down these proportions then we shall have a debate.Give me figures

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Some Australians are racist, so are some British...Australians are fiercely independent, so are the British...it just shows in vastly different ways..

For example unfortunately Australias previous political policies against the Aboriginals have created larger problems which people have forgotten and now brand the Aboriginals "drunken louts" convientently forgetting that the governments of the time have contributed to that problem!! Britian doesn't have a problem with indigenous peoples but it has other issues...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which ones?

I'll help you,There's a population of just over 20 million.Now before you make assumptions etc.Break that figure down for me(link please)Then we will see if your arguement stands;)

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well surprise surprise I agree with what the Aussie said.
He's basically saying, if you don't like the Aussie way of life, don't live here. If you want to live here, live by our laws, not yours. I don't read that as if your Muslim leave the country, or stop being a Muslim, but purely don't expect to live by your laws in our country.

I fail to see how that's racist.

On the point of the Abbo's, yes they are treated like shit. Up until a few decades ago, planet life had more rights than an Abborgiany. It's a seperate debate, but I think its become a vicous circle. Employers see Abbo's as lazy smelly bastards who sponge of the state and wont employ them, and as they can't find work all they do is laze around all day drinking sponging of the state because most of them don't have much choice.

Oct 25, 2003
algie said:
I'll help you,There's a population of just over 20 million.Now before you make assumptions etc.Break that figure down for me(linkk)Then we will see if your arguement stands;)

does it make a differance?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
algie said:

I don't quite get what that has to do with what Hans was saying. Are you denying all those nationalities make up the Australian population as a whole?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Les Biehn said:
I don't quite get what that has to do with what Hans was saying. Are you denying all those nationalities make up the Australian population as a whole?

Nope.He knows what i'm getting at

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
algie said:

Country of Birth
76.9% Australian born, 23.1% foreign born.
The most commonly declared foreign countries of birth amongst respondents were:
United Kingdom : 1,036,253 (5.8%)
New Zealand : 355,765 (2.0%)
Italy : 218,692 (1.2%)
Vietnam : 154,770 (0.9%)
China : 142,872 (0.8%)
Greece : 116,330 (0.7%)
Germany : 108,251 (0.6%)
Philippines : 104,018 (0.6%)
India : 95,444 (0.5%)
Netherlands : 83,299 (0.5%)
Collectively 150,966 respondents (0.9%) were born in countries now known as Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia and the Republic of Macedonia.

Almost a quarter of the current population is born outside of Australia, and increasing %s of those newcomers are from outside the traditional sources of Britain and Ireland. These figures are from 2001 census and they are rising year on year.

And before you start an anti immigration rant, they are on the whole encouraged to move there is Australia needs their labour, skills and in some cases cash.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which ones?

So a figure 76.9% Australian born.They don't have a right to govern the way they want to?That is 3/4 of the population.Like what they said.Don't like it then go.Live by there law or jump ship.Is this racist?Th rest are only small factions.I think that really sums it up

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Which ones?

double post.Just getting my post count up:lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which ones?

Trying not to be contraversial here, but I would suggest that the people above chose to live their lives in Australia under the laws of the land ( rightly or wrongly) and have by and large integrated into the common thread of Austalian Society. I read the original comment as an Australian politician suggesting that those people who for example want to live their lives under sharia(sp?) law and not Australian Law have no place in Australia. I for one tend to agree with his point.

Sharia Law makes it clear that women will not work etc etc etc and the logical progression of this is to follow the Talliban regime in Afghanistan.

Again i see no real reason disprove this.

Whether it is racist or not, even the muslim council of the Uk have agreed that this form of radical teaching needs to be halted and have requested govenment assistance for this. I suppose therefore that the Muslim Council is racist.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why is rasist to like your country? Just because i belive if people come to this country they should abide by our laws and not force there beliefs on us does not make a rasist

tommy boy said:
do you know that thats what "the people of his country feel" for a FACT?

So you want Shara (sp) law in this country and agree with what the radical muslims are trying to do then? Because i think it would be a good bet that most of the country don't feel the same as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here