Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian grand prix-melbourne-27-29th march

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I expect that these diffusers will be allowed and every team will rush to develop their own. Red Bull will moan, because their new 'revolutionary' suspension will not allow for this type of diffuser and will therefore be off the pace for yet another season.

Interestingly enough, Toyota anticipated that the diffuser may not be allowed and has built an anternative diffuser, which can be fitted to the car if their original diffuser is banned.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
By the sounds of it Brawn, Toyota and Williams have simply had a good idea and the other are moaning about it. Hopefully it will be declared legal and the other will just have to play catch up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
By the sounds of it Brawn, Toyota and Williams have simply had a good idea and the other are moaning about it. Hopefully it will be declared legal and the other will just have to play catch up.

Exactly... the others are upsert because they failed to interpret the new rules in the same imaginative way.

GP weekend is always a bit special in Melbourne. i can hear the cars from my bed and from my office. hotties abound....

17:00 race this year, so you northerners dont have to get up so early for it....

looking forward to it, and it only costs the state govt $40m to host!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Teams whining and causing controversy in Formula 1 ? Surely not.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
GP weekend is always a bit special in Melbourne. i can hear the cars from my bed and from my office. hotties abound....

17:00 race this year, so you northerners dont have to get up so early for it....

looking forward to it, and it only costs the state govt $40m to host!

This looks like a double whammy. Not only do us Brits have to get up early becauser the race starts at 7am but the clocks go forward at 1am so we lose an hours sleeps into the bargain!

Hardly seems worth going to bed!...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm a bit disapointed at the lack of build up to the race. Had read all about a Grand Prix night etc but there's nothing! I'm so excited I'll be watching the practice sessions at 1am on the the red button lol.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ferrari and McClaren to struggle early season? Excellent, I will love it if they both have to play catch up as it will make the contest way more interesting in the long run.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to it mainly because it is so unpredictable. Button as favourite with Hamilton 6th at 23/2 is surreal.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Still expect an appeal against them to drag on to the next race.

I really hope Brawn do well. Honda would be gutted after years of under achieving that the team comes good the moment they leave.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still expect an appeal against them to drag on to the next race.

I really hope Brawn do well. Honda would be gutted after years of under achieving that the team comes good the moment they leave.

I think it's the Mercedes engine that is likely to be a crucial part of the resurgence. They were working on this car for most of last season so Honda must have known that the car itself was likely to be cutting edge, maybe it was the Honda engine that was always gonna let the car down and they knew it?? I doubt Honda realised just how far Brawn had brought this car in terms of competitiveness though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Thing is these have been used for years

H3510-900_dt.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Coulthart may come out of retirement to be Friday test driver for Red Bull for the first two Grand Prix. The guy Red Bull initially wanted to be Friday tester has failed his F1 Superlicence!

Brilliant!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just for those that are WELL into their F1:

Friday 27th March 2009
1.25-3.05 - 302 - Formula One: Practice One
5.25-7.05 - 302 - Formula One: Practice Two

Saturday 28th March 2009
2.55-4.05 - 302 - Formula One: Practice Three
4.05-5.00 - 302 - Formula One News
5.00-7.15 - 302 - Formula One: Qualifying
7.15-9.30 - 302 - Formula One: Qualifying

Sunday 29th March 2009
4.00-6.00 - 301 - Formula One (Quali Rerun)
6.00-9.00 - 301 - Formula One (Audio and video options)
6.00-10.00 - 302 - Formula One (Rolling Highlights)
9.00-10.00 - 301 - Formula One (Forum analysis)
10.00-15.00 - 301 - Formula One (Rolling Highlights)
14.00-15.00 - 302 - Moto GP (Official test)
15.00-19.00 - 301 - Formula One (Rolling Highlights)
19.00-22.00 - 301 - Formula One (Rolling Highlights)

Also every Friday of an F1 race weekend: Inside F1 on the BBC News Channel @ 18:45. This programme will
summarise the events of Friday Practice as well as discuss the day's events.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Also last night, just flicking through the channels, on the red button BBC are showing highlights of the '94, '96 and '07 Aussie Grand Prix. '94 being the most interesting as that was the one where Schumacher took out Hill to win the World Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here