Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian grand prix-melbourne-27-29th march

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Loads of points for me in the Northstand F1 league.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Just woke up in time to see the podium - brilliant result!!! Amazing that Hamilton came up to 4th too.

Loved them not having to cut to adverts too.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
With Hamilton finishing 4th There is still a slight chance he could be the winner of this grand prix ,with the appeal being heard on the 14th April over the diffuser row team Brawn GP.Toyota and Williams could all still be disqualified from this race leaving the way for Hamilton to be 1st.

Strange things happen in the world of F1 motor racing !!!!!.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would expect Hamilton to get 3rd anyway. Trulli dropped it under the safety car then overtook to retake his place.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you didn't watch the raceand just saw the results and times, it looks amazing, the closest race ever, with just 6 seconds separating the top 10

But that was only because of Vettel and Kubica having a smash 3 laps from the end, and the safety car coming out (bunching the cars up - not the Ferraris though :lolol:) and going back in at the end.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Brilliant race... I haven't been that excitied over the last few laps since, erm... the last race of last season in Brazil!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone know who got the fastest lap?

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
I would expect Hamilton to get 3rd anyway. Trulli dropped it under the safety car then overtook to retake his place.

Though Trulli - who drove solidly throughout after starting from the pit lane - finished third, McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh claimed that the Italian illegally passed Hamilton as the safety car came out over the last two laps.The incident is under investigation by the race officials.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Though Trulli - who drove solidly throughout after starting from the pit lane - finished third, McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh claimed that the Italian illegally passed Hamilton as the safety car came out over the last two laps.The incident is under investigation by the race officials.

Posted on the ITV F1 site 1/2 hour ago

Australian Grand Prix stewards have slapped a 25-second time penalty on third-placed Jarno Trulli – a move which drops the Toyota driver out of the points positions and promotes Lewis Hamilton to third.

Melbourne stewards announced the decision two hours after the end of Sunday’s dramatic race after both drivers were summoned to see the stewards.

More follows shortly...

On official F1 site

The world champion was briefly third in the dying stages after Trulli ran off track behind the safety car, before the Italian subsequently retook the place - a move which could yet prompt action from the stewards.

And BBC site

Hamilton received a further boost following the race when he was elevated to third after veteran Italian Trulli was handed a 25-second penalty by the stewards for passing Hamilton under yellow flags following the crash involving Vettel and Kubica.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Toyota are appealling against the penalty apparently. Yes folks F1 is back with it's usual festival of protests and appeals.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Im a hamilton fan but that is so harsh he deserves 4'thhe drove really well why not just demote him to 4'th and put hamilton in 3'rd? But no....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here