Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attempted child abduction

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Just to let any parents or anyone that has kids that go to school in the Brighton area my neice nearly got abducted on her way to school today

She was walking up Coombe Road in Brighton when a man tried to grab her down an allyway near the shop at the bottom of the road and abduct her

Luckly she managed to pull herself away and run to school and she is at home safe and well

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good job your niece is OK and well. A shame that there is not the infrastructure to warn people about this. Surely there should be some sort of breaking news broadcast. It works for global events.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Good job your niece is OK and well. A shame that there is not the infrastructure to warn people about this. Surely there should be some sort of breaking news broadcast. It works for global events.

I belive for missing children the is an 'EU alert' on TV. I see them on Greek TV somtimes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
blimey, sounds like a very lucky escape. There are some sick people about.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Bloody heck, thats outragous, i've seen nothing on the news or anything, surely there should be some kind of warning to let people know this has happened and to make sure there children are safe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Glad she's safe. Can I ask about her age, I don't live in Brighton but it may help other posters to pay particular attention should their child be of this age group.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Glad all ok although I'm sure she will carry the memory with her and will need support.
Please do make sure that the police have been alerted for everyone's peace of mind.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Police have been there sealed the area off and have taken her some of her clothes for forensic - They are checking CCTV so hopefully they will catch the C*** - the school are meant to be alerting schools in the area and all kids taking letters home to parents - She seems ok - don't think she really understands it - its just everyone else that worrys

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Police have been there sealed the area off and have taken her some of her clothes for forensic - They are checking CCTV so hopefully they will catch the C*** - the school are meant to be alerting schools in the area and all kids taking letters home to parents - She seems ok - don't think she really understands it - its just everyone else that worrys

Here's hoping they catch the pervert. I take it by your last comment she's young and not teenage/young lady. There's some really sick people out there, being a father/step-father to 5 kids you do wonder what kind of world you've brought you kids into.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Here's hoping they catch the pervert. I take it by your last comment she's young and not teenage/young lady. There's some really sick people out there, being a father/step-father to 5 kids you do wonder what kind of world you've brought you kids into.

Shes 11 - very scary thing to happen - same thing happened to my brother when he was about same age - he was lucky enough to run away and the person chasing him slipped on leaves and he managed to get away from them

It is a worry what sort of world kids are being brought into

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
Shes 11 - very scary thing to happen - same thing happened to my brother when he was about same age - he was lucky enough to run away and the person chasing him slipped on leaves and he managed to get away from them

It is a worry what sort of world kids are being brought into

is Coombe Road off the Lewes Road, near the B&Q?

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
I believe there is alot of anti-soical behaviour on the Lewes Road and social problems in the surrounding area, I personally wouldn't let my children go to school unsupervised there, even here in Hove, lucky escape.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody hell, that was a really lucky escape for your young niece. Well done to her for having the presence-of-mind & ability to get away from that despicable creature. I do hope she's ok. Here's hoping that the love & reassurance you - & the rest of her extended family will undoubtably give to give her - enables her to fully regain her confidence. Characters like that calculating bastard need to be behind bars asap. Have you or your niece's parents contacted the local media to raise the alarm? I reckon it's gotta be done. :thumbsup:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Where exactly was this? That is a VERY busy area.

I Thought that aswell, I always get stuck in a bit of traffic in that area because of them dumb f*** lights down the bottom, and there is generally alot of people around ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here