Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attempted child abduction

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're dead right. When me, Mrs ELS and two friends of ours stumbled across a dead body a couple of years back, we all had to give statements to the police. And our descriptions of what the bloke looked like were totally different :nono:

It's true. They've conducted experiments before where they put 50 people in a circle, where a couple of actors carry out some kind of scenario in front of them. Then they ask them to write down their recollections in a statement.

When they read the statements afterwards, the descriptions of the actors varied wildly, as do the recollections of what happened, and what was said.
Even really big details appear in some statements, but not others.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It's true. They've conducted experiments before where they put 50 people in a circle, where a couple of actors carry out some kind of scenario in front of them. Then they ask them to write down their recollections in a statement.

When they read the statements afterwards, the descriptions of the actors varied wildly, as do the recollections of what happened, and what was said.
Even really big details appear in some statements, but not others.

I'm not surprised. Our incident was quite worrying, 'cos we all came up with completely different descriptions of the victim, ie, Chinese, Asian, Mediterranean :lolol:

Thankfully, they caught the blokes who murdered him and they all got life.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for everyones kind words - she is ok - back at school safely today - my sister in law won't let her out of her sight now - They have also released the story now in the argus so parents will be aware of what happened

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for everyones kind words - she is ok - back at school safely today - my sister in law won't let her out of her sight now - They have also released the story now in the argus so parents will be aware of what happened

Glad your neice is ok bhadeb it must've been a very frightening experience for her.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

By the way deb can you get rid of the "Bring back Wilkins" thingymebob:wave:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not surprised. Our incident was quite worrying, 'cos we all came up with completely different descriptions of the victim, ie, Chinese, Asian, Mediterranean :lolol:

Thankfully, they caught the blokes who murdered him and they all got life.

Depends how long he'd been there of course- leave a body in situ for long enough and they all start to change colour, take it from me!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Depends how long he'd been there of course- leave a body in situ for long enough and they all start to change colour, take it from me!

Had the classic the other day - had the British Transport Police over as someone had got squished on the train tracks behind us, asking whether we'd just seen "a person" near the station, as "well, we can't tell at all what they looked like."

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
Good job your niece is OK and well. A shame that there is not the infrastructure to warn people about this. Surely there should be some sort of breaking news broadcast. It works for global events.

A few years ago Child Rescue Alert was launched, but I haven't a clue what became of it.

"Child Rescue Alert is a system that was launched as a UK initiative to save abducted children from being murdered.

The system works by seeking the assistance of the public where a child has been abducted and is feared to be in danger. Its intention is to raise awareness via the media that a child has been taken, so the public look out for the child, the abductor(s) or any vehicle used in the abduction and thereby engage their support.

Television and radio programmes are interrupted with immediate news flashes to ensure public vigilance and to encourage any information to be reported."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here