Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere in the West Stand

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Sat in the west stand for todays game to see what it was like and its a f***ing joke. I was asking the stewards if i could move back to the north at half time. No noise, no standing, no swearing - pathetic.

Just sit down, shut up and eat your prawn sandwiches.

Never going in there again.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
What's wrong with wanting to watch a football match and not yell your face off exactly? When I used to go with my dad to games back when, we'd pick somewhere a bit quieter and talk about the match and that.
If you want to scream and shout, why would you sit in the West Stand? So you could complain about it on the internet?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yeah I too was in the west today for a change from my North stand s/t, and I wont hurry back, I know the atmosphere was a little subdued but the west really was crap, glad i'm in the north.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was very quiet up there today but an awful lot of new faces and families so would appear a lot of st holders gave this a miss

To be fair no stand covered themselves in glory today apart from the Wrexham fans who I thought were excellent

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A cup game against non-league opposition isn't the match to judge the stand on, especially considering a lot of people moved around today. Myself included, I jumped sides from the East to the West and I enjoyed being right next to the dugout and seeing how Gus generally acts during a game, but I didn't like looking at the East stand, today is the first time I've really noticed how unfinished the stadium is. Disappointing day all round.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
What's wrong with wanting to watch a football match and not yell your face off exactly? When I used to go with my dad to games back when, we'd pick somewhere a bit quieter and talk about the match and that.
If you want to scream and shout, why would you sit in the West Stand? So you could complain about it on the internet?

Read the post dick. I sat there TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE.

And now i know its shit. Atmosphere is what makes the game. If you want to watch it and talk shit to your dad, watch the f***ing highlights instead.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We were having a day off allright !!

only just got my voice back from monday's shout fest..

And yes there were an awful lot of new faces in the west today, so

the North who swapped today please go back and dont come again cos the

atmosphere is better without you thanks...???

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I imagine there were a lot of new fans in the West today....it certainly seemed more quiet than usual.

I had my first experience of the North Stand today and won't be hurrying back. Was surrounded by twats. So let's do a deal. Those of us that like the NS stay in there and those of us who like the WS stay in there, sounds like we'd all enjoy things much more. Simple.

Must find this person with the prawn sandwiches though...not seen them handed out yet this season. Not everyone in the WS is a 1901/corporate fan you know!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Atmosphere was very poor today but I didn't recognise most of those around me - may explain the lack of noise.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Sat in the west stand for todays game to see what it was like and its a f***ing joke. I was asking the stewards if i could move back to the north at half time. No noise, no standing, no swearing - pathetic.

The fact that swearing is so vital to your experience says a lot about you.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

On the basis of that post you must be a JCL. Surely everyone knows that the West, like most of the ground was full of part time supporters today.... much like yourself by the sound of it. MAJOR FACEPALM

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

to be fair mate, the day trippers never contributed to anything really.

also the fact the game was a bit shit deserves light eh

its not always like this in the west, but at the same time, we could do without this 'north stand is the best' lark, we don't want division amongst our own contingent surely.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Same old my stands better than your stand shit, how can you judge it from a cup game against Wrexham ffs !!

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
The atmostpheres never going to be great against a non league side, and apart from a couple of people behind me I didn't recognise anyone sitting near my usual seat in the West Upper.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Probably worth considering that people go to football for different reasons.

I.E- Most people in the north stand are looking to create an atmosphere and are, although I know I'm making a massive generalisation here, genuinely speaking the more vocal fans. Whereas in the West Stand there tends to be different types of fans, who prefer to just watch the game.

As I say, generalising MASSIVELY.

And for the record, being a West Stander, I do agree that the atmosphere was not the usual standard, but was to be expected given the game.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
On the basis of that post you must be a JCL. Surely everyone knows that the West, like most of the ground was full of part time supporters today.... much like yourself by the sound of it. MAJOR FACEPALM

Good Post - think you've sussed him out completely!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The atmostpheres never going to be great against a non league side, and apart from a couple of people behind me I didn't recognise anyone sitting near my usual seat in the West Upper.

These threads are getting boring now, for anyone to suggest the west stand is always quiet just shows they either have not been to many matches or they are very young & trying convince themselves they are In the best stand... It's bollocks as it varys from game to game.......dull thread

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Swapped wsu for north and was not impressed with view or atmosphere . Wsu much louder and more singing

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Glad someone posted about this, I was about to do the same! Took time out from my beloved north stand seat to sample the upper west, front row! The north stand were amazing, west stand were PONY! Great view yes, but can't wait to get back to the north for Bristol city. Wrexham fans were tremendous, spoke to a few after the game, very complimentary about our stadium and our club. Respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here