-bullying
-lazy
-uncaring
-overweight
-dishonest
-disinterested

Anything else?

:smokin:
If you are describing your own colleagues I obviously cannot comment as I don't know them. I am simply stating from my own experences if you are a victim of crime or you witness a crime don't make any plans for the next 48 hours as this is usually the length of time they leave it before attending just so as to be sure it's safe. When they do arrive they are masters at agreeing sympatheticlally with everything you have to say before clearing off and doing absolutely nothing.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Bry Nylon said:
Just to put the other side of the argument, I too have no record or convictions, but I must say from my own experience, they are decnet bunch of men and women, and I wouldn't want to do their job. Thank God they do.

:bowdown:
As I have morals I couldn't do their job.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Black N Tan said:
If you are describing your own colleagues I obviously cannot comment as I don't know them. I am simply stating from my own experences if you are a victim of crime or you witness a crime don't make any plans for the next 48 hours as this is usually the length of time they leave it before attending just so as to be sure it's safe. When they do arrive they are masters at agreeing sympatheticlally with everything you have to say before clearing off and doing absolutely nothing.

(1) Not describing any of my colleagues, see previous

(2) How long it takes to see you depends entirely on the nature of the crime. As we don't have thousands of spare coppers strolling around for the sake of it, unfortunately calls have to be graded according to urgency, where 1 is "I'm being attacked now/there are burglars in my house as I speak/the post office is being done over by masked men", and four is "Someone in a hoodie looked at me funny last week" (don't laugh, people really do dial 999 to tell the police this). If your car got keyed overnight, then regrettably, you're going to have to wait a few hours while we deal with the old ladies who've just been mugged.

(3) Just to be sure it's safe? Nice one, well rest assured if you ever do have the misfortune to dial 999 because someone's creeping around your house in the dark, I will gladly put MY arse on the line to investigate it on YOUR behalf. Because that's what I get paid to do, and that's, more importantly, what I swore to do when I joined.

And that, I suspect, is more than you'd do for me, under the same circumstances. Moralise all you like, but at the end of the day, I've taken an oath to protect and defend people like you, who spend their time criticising the police and teaching their kids to hate officers.

I risk my own safety, more regularly than you'd imagine, for people like that, who when not dialling 999 and begging for help, are calling me scum and spitting at me. And i do that willingly.

Without wishing to appear sanctimonious, that requires a few more morals and a lot more backbone than you'll ever know.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Tonight's wanted board, just been on Crimewatch

1 White male
2 Portugese male
3 White male
4 White male

Three others, one looked white and two looked asian
Portugese is foreign though. :angry: :angry: :angry:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:
I get plenty of absolute CRAP to deal with (usually pissed people fighting then all trying to get each other nicked), some unpleasant stuff, some horrific stuff (body that's been dead in a flat for two months, anyone?), some very sad stuff (ever tried telling a woman her only son's just been killed in a car crash?)

Like a lot of us Edna, You take the money you do the job.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
edna krabappel said:
(1) Not describing any of my colleagues, see previous

(2) How long it takes to see you depends entirely on the nature of the crime. As we don't have thousands of spare coppers strolling around for the sake of it, unfortunately calls have to be graded according to urgency, where 1 is "I'm being attacked now/there are burglars in my house as I speak/the post office is being done over by masked men", and four is "Someone in a hoodie looked at me funny last week" (don't laugh, people really do dial 999 to tell the police this). If your car got keyed overnight, then regrettably, you're going to have to wait a few hours while we deal with the old ladies who've just been mugged.

(3) Just to be sure it's safe? Nice one, well rest assured if you ever do have the misfortune to dial 999 because someone's creeping around your house in the dark, I will gladly put MY arse on the line to investigate it on YOUR behalf. Because that's what I get paid to do, and that's, more importantly, what I swore to do when I joined.

And that, I suspect, is more than you'd do for me, under the same circumstances. Moralise all you like, but at the end of the day, I've taken an oath to protect and defend people like you, who spend their time criticising the police and teaching their kids to hate officers.

I risk my own safety, more regularly than you'd imagine, for people like that, who when not dialling 999 and begging for help, are calling me scum and spitting at me. And i do that willingly.

Without wishing to appear sanctimonious, that requires a few more morals and a lot more backbone than you'll ever know.
Despite what you may think I was bought up to respect the police and it is something I taught my own children as well. However, as I have grown older I have witnessed many incidents which have made me revue my opinion. I do not call you scum or spit at you but I do not hold you in the same great esteem as I do firemen or ambulance drivers who I'm sure witness far more horrific sights and in the case of firemen risk their lives more often. I have challanged car thieves and have intervened in a mugging. But unlike you I am not paid handsomely and I acted out of concern not because it's my job. Maybe you really believe all you write and I commend you for it, but you are not typical of the police I have experienced in recent years.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Re: Re: Re: At the risk of sounding racist

edna krabappel said:
Not in Brighton, they aren't.

They probably are in places which have significant black or Asian populations, as you would expect.

But trust me. The VAST majority of people I and my colleagues in the city (and probably most of Sussex) arrest are

(1) White
(2) Male

Sorry fellas.

Sniff. Makes yer proud, doesn't it?

Got to say that in my experience the policemen/women that I've come in contact with have mostly been great. (The exceptions were the nasty buggers who I used to see kicking the shit out of stricking miners in the 80's). But a bloody hard job and not one that I'd like to do.And we'd be f***** without them.
Just like any other area of live though there are good and bad though. Stop judging whole swathes of the population on the actions of a few bad apples.
Keep up the good work Edna.

PS. Are you single ? Policewomen..mmmmmm:love: :blush:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
edna krabappel said:
Yeah yeah :p

Following on from Algie's considered opinions above, I am thinking about starting a thread called

"Nine out of ten sex offenders and paedophiles are white men"

Discuss...

:salute: :lolol:

And normally Welsh. Discuss.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
edna krabappel said:

-white male for beating his wife up
-white male for shoplifting
-white male for possession of drugs
-white female for dealing drugs
-Asian male for dealing drugs
-white male for shoplifting
-white male for assaulting someone in a pub fight
-white male for assaulting a stranger in the street
-white male for a public order offence
-white male for drink driving
-another white male for drink driving.
-white male for shoplifting & drugs offences
-white male for smashing a window with a brick

Shit, send me on a diversity course, clearly I'm targeting the wrong people!

Blimey, for one bloke to do all of that he is obviously a wrong 'un

HANG HIM

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Because your average white male criminal is dumb enough to get caught by the police, without having to resort to Crimewatch for assistance, this would therefore make black and asian criminals more intelligent...kind of blows the racist argument out of the water doesn't it.

The offenders on crime watch are the most serious of all offenders, you could also argue they have no fixed address and hence not so easy to find? Especially if they are illegal immigrants!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
<rousing strains of Elgar Pomp and Circumstance March No.1>

edna krabappel said:

:clap2: :bowdown: EDNA :bowdown: :clap2:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Re: Re: At the risk of sounding racist

goldstone said:
Simple really ... because the majority of crimes are committed by black or asian men ... fact.

According to Home Office statistics, white people account for about 85 percent of all convictions. So black criminals are very much in the minority - looks like Edna's experiences are repeated across the whole country.

However Asians are far more likely to be victims of crime, with nearly 30 percent of Pakistani or Bangladeshi people affected, as compared to 2.5 percent of white or black people (Home Office figures again).

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of a good old racist rant, eh?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Re: Re: Re: At the risk of sounding racist

edna krabappel said:
Not in Brighton, they aren't.

They probably are in places which have significant black or Asian populations, as you would expect.

But trust me. The VAST majority of people I and my colleagues in the city (and probably most of Sussex) arrest are

(1) White
(2) Male

Sorry fellas.

But you must be aware that most of organised crime in Brighton is now controlled by Eastern Europeans.:angry:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
edna krabappel said:
a rough summation of people I've arrested in the last month or so:

-white male for assaulting someone in a pub fight

What else are you supposed to do in a pub fight? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Black N Tan said:
I do not call you scum or spit at you but I do not hold you in the same great esteem as I do firemen or ambulance drivers who I'm sure witness far more horrific sights and in the case of firemen risk their lives more often. I have challanged car thieves and have intervened in a mugging. But unlike you I am not paid handsomely and I acted out of concern not because it's my job. Maybe you really believe all you write and I commend you for it, but you are not typical of the police I have experienced in recent years.

Well, you're entitled to your views. For what it's worth, the number of police officers killed in the line of duty is about the same as firefighters, so there you go. In risk terms, go figure (but I guess going into a burning house is a bit more glamorous than having some crack-head with mental health issues point a knife at you). If there's horrific sights to be seen, you can bet your bottom dollar that we'll have to get involved in the same way as all of the emergency services do.

One last point- it may shock you to learn that in general, police officers are recruited from the human race, and that we do generally act out of concern, and not just because its our job. That's why we do it, and I was in a job for the money, it certainly wouldn't be this one. Paid handsomely, lol. Do you think I could go to see a little old lady who's had her life savings stolen by a door-to-door conman and not care? You must be a very cynical man.

PS It's interesting that you seem to have this strong anti-police feeling, yet name yourself after a notorious pseudo-police squad that is generally considered to have been used by the British government to terrorise and harass the Catholics in Ireland in the early 20th Century.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:
One last point- it may shock you to learn that in general, police officers are recruited from the human race, and that we do generally act out of concern,

What's with all these stop and search tickets the police seem to be dishing out to youngsters like confetti?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here