Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At the risk of sounding racist

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Springal said:
and the drugs have been used for your xmas party, correct :p

Yeah yeah :p

Following on from Algie's considered opinions above, I am thinking about starting a thread called

"Nine out of ten sex offenders and paedophiles are white men"

Discuss...

:salute: :lolol:

gripper stebson said:
Today at the printers where I now work (Blow Up on Grand Parade. Pop in if you get a chance!) an asian fellow came in with his mate asking us to laminate a clearly, and badly, forged passport.

Forget it or report it...?

Report it mate. You don't know what they are up to, but whatever it is, it aint good!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Hardly any of the suspects so far have been black or Asian. There have been acouple of Victims who are black actually.

That kid cycling his bike at the start, and an asylum seeker from Zimbabwe is now being featured. looks like the racist argument is falling flat on its feet.:yawn:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Coloured"??

:thud:

Re: Re: Re: Re: At the risk of sounding racist

algie said:
edna krabappel said:
Not in Brighton, they aren't.

They probably are in places which have significant black or Asian populations, as you would expect.

But trust me. The VAST majority of people I and my colleagues in the city (and probably most of Sussex) arrest are

(1) White
(2) Male

Sorry fellas.
[/QUOTEOkay then clever nuts lets see the show and when i'm right i'll be the first to let you know

If you read Edna's post correctly you will see he is talking about Brighton and not Crimewatch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
edna krabappel said:
"Coloured"??

:thud:

can i ask you a question. You know when a police person does a check on a person (p n c ???) , at what point does any mr meaners that the person has committed not get radio'd through. Is it 5 years ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: At the risk of sounding racist

Southover Street Seagull said:
If you read Edna's post correctly you will see She is talking about Brighton and not Crimewatch.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dougal said:
can i ask you a question. You know when a police person does a check on a person (p n c ???) , at what point does any mr meaners that the person has committed not get radio'd through. Is it 5 years ?

Depends on the crime. Criminal offences don't work in the same way as traffic offences, ie they don't all drop off automatically after a period of time.

Certain minor offences, particularly if committed while you were a juvenile, cease to show up, as would also be the case if it was something you committed twenty years ago, say, and you'd stayed out of trouble since.

I could still check your previous history, and they'd tell me if you got convicted for nicking a packet of Pringles in 1997, however if an employer did a check for reference purposes, it probably wouldn't show (unless the position was something to do with kids, say, and the offence was a violent or sex offence).

If you stab someone through the heart with a rusty screwdriver, however, you're, er, screwed, as that'll show up long after you get out of prison, no matter how good you've been since

:lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
edna krabappel said:
Depends on the crime. Criminal offences don't work in the same way as traffic offences, ie they don't all drop off automatically after a period of time.

Certain minor offences, particularly if committed while you were a juvenile, cease to show up, as would also be the case if it was something you committed twenty years ago, say, and you'd stayed out of trouble since.

I could still check your previous history, and they'd tell me if you got convicted for nicking a packet of Pringles in 1997, however if an employer did a check for reference purposes, it probably wouldn't show (unless the position was something to do with kids, say, and the offence was a violent or sex offence).

If you stab someone through the heart with a rusty screwdriver, however, you're, er, screwed, as that'll show up long after you get out of prison, no matter how good you've been since

As a CRB Countersignatory can I just say that for an Enhanced check EVERYTHING shows up. It's one of the few perks of the job, I get.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Dougal said:

If you didnt get found guilty then its 5 years, if it was a jail sentance under 10 years then it stays on your record for 10 years, if you were sent down for longer then its a permanant criminal record.

I think

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
edna krabappel said:

cool , and no i own no rusty screwdrivers , I have nothing to worry about but it was a Mr Meaner over 10 yrs ago when young and stupid

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Mr Meaner"

I like that :lolol:

Seriously though, you have no worries, unless, to paraphrase Lionel Hutz from the Simpsons:

"The judge has a problem with me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Well replace the word 'dog' with 'son', and the word 'accidentally' with 'repeatedly' "

:clap:

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
It would be interesting to know the percentage of crimes committed by immigrants in relation to the percentage of immigrants in the country. I think the main gripe is not the persons colour but what we have opened the floodgates to in this country. Concerning our wonderful police, I have no record or convictions, but I must say from my own experience, is they are all two faced lying bastards who I wouldn't trust any further then I can piss.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Black N Tan said:
Concerning our wonderful police, I have no record or convictions, but I must say from my own experience, is they are all two faced lying bastards who I wouldn't trust any further then I can piss.

You are SO right of course.

But surely you missed out:

-psychotic
-racist
-violent
-bullying
-lazy
-uncaring
-overweight
-dishonest
-disinterested

Anything else?

:smokin:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just to put the other side of the argument, I too have no record or convictions, but I must say from my own experience, they are decnet bunch of men and women, and I wouldn't want to do their job. Thank God they do.

:bowdown:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
Just to put the other side of the argument, I too have no record or convictions, but I must say from my own experience, they are decnet bunch of men and women, and I wouldn't want to do their job. Thank God they do.

:bowdown:

:bigwave: :bowdown: :love: :thumbsup:

To be completely honest here. I work with a cracking bunch of people, and I have a relationship with most of my colleagues that is a million times closer than in any other job I've had.

They put up with a huge amount of shit, typically from people who should know a lot better, yet none of them complain. They are unfailingly honest, decent, pleasant, and extremely funny at times. In two and a half years in the job I've never even met a copper who was racist, violent, power crazy, or whatever other stereotypes people like to chuck at us.

I don't deny there must be some twats in the job, but I've never knowingly met any in all that time, so we can't all be that bad.

I get plenty of absolute CRAP to deal with (usually pissed people fighting then all trying to get each other nicked), some unpleasant stuff, some horrific stuff (body that's been dead in a flat for two months, anyone?), some very sad stuff (ever tried telling a woman her only son's just been killed in a car crash?).

But when it comes down to it, every so often, I get the chance to make one of the worst moments in someone's life just that tiny bit easier for them. That's when we really do our job.

And that's why I love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here