Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa date and time confirmed

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
When I went back in the early 80s we used to be on the terrace behind the goal at the North End with the seats behind. Will be great to be back in that end and hopefully for us to take 6K+ would be superb stuff!

If my memory serves me well we scored our first ever First Division goal away at Villa, I was lucky to be there to see that - Maybank I think?

Mark R

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Good news that they apper to be putting us behind the goal. It is only recently that away fans were moved at Martin O'Neill's request - he believes that it important to have home fans behind both goals.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
From Aston Villa website - North Stand Upper season tiocket holders have been moved at our request(!) - they are selling adult tiskets at £10-£15

Pasted from Villa site... SIX per person, if only we could have that many :lolol: :eek:

VILLA v Brighton

Saturday January 23 - ko 3pm
Villa Park
FA Cup Fourth Round

Prices

10-£15 (adults)
£5 - £10 (under-16s)

Additional Info

All supporters - whether cup scheme members, season ticket holders or match ticket purchasers - will receive PAPER TICKETS for this fixture

This is a CUP SCHEME fixture and you will be charged for your seat as per the terms and conditions of membership. You will receive a PAPER TICKET for this fixture and are advised to check your Account History online/via the Call Centre to ensure that their payment has been successful and to that you are not turned away at point-of-entry on match night

It is essential that you register and use only ONE Client Reference account whenever you wish to purchase tickets from Aston Villa, whether online or via the Ticket Office, as this will give you the ability to build-up your booking history, allowing you greater priority to purchase tickets for Category AA, Category A, away and cup fixtures. If you use multiple accounts, you may not be eligible to purchase the tickets you really want

Please ensure that you provide the name, address and client reference for all members of your party who are attending this fixture, so that loyalty points are successfully applied to each

Supporters are requested to collect their tickets wherever possible if purchased AFTER 3pm on Wednesday January 10 as this is the last guaranteed post date

Sale Dates

Thursday January 7: On sale to season ticket holders to claim their own seat ONLINE only. Click here to book*
Friday January 8: On sale to season ticket holders to claim their own seat via the Ticket Office (personal callers), the Call Centre, City Centre store or online AND North Stand Upper season ticket holders who have been relocated due to Brighton & Hove Albion's allocation request. Click here to book*
Monday January 11: On general sale - maximum six seats per booking *One seat per client reference only

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
I can confidently predict the side the Albion will put out for the Villa game -

Powney, Murray, Spearitt,Templeman, Gall, Goodwin, Napier K, Beamish, Irvine, Bromley & O'Sullivan.

I think we will win 2-1 and the game will be shown on Match of The Day.

Sorry - stuck in the early seventies.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
i know its off wiki but

The North Stand(capacity 7,086) used to be known as the Witton End, was built in the late 1970s and is now the oldest of Villa Park's stands.[12]It is two–tiered, with a double row of executive boxes running across the middle

7,086 tickets maybe

D

Deleted User X18H

The word CONFIRMED does not appear in the article. Although I hope it is.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The word CONFIRMED does not appear in the article. Although I hope it is.

Well myself and several hundred others (if the rapid rise in train prices between 9.30 and 11 this morning is anytthing to go by) have taken Villa's word on it and booked train tickets, so if it changes now there will be a lot of angry people.....

D

Deleted User X18H

I booked a train ticket as well based on that statment. But Albion not so sure (see other thread)

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
I can confidently predict the side the Albion will put out for the Villa game -

Powney, Murray, Spearitt,Templeman, Gall, Goodwin, Napier K, Beamish, Irvine, Bromley & O'Sullivan.

I think we will win 2-1 and the game will be shown on Match of The Day.

Sorry - stuck in the early seventies.
didnt powney let in 8 goals against bristol rovers i remember back at goldstone, and we lost 8-2 ??? :rolleyes:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I booked a train ticket as well based on that statment. But Albion not so sure (see other thread)

Having spoken to someone at the Albion, my understanding is that Villa have jumped the gun in making the anmnoucement and the police have now got involved in negotiations. Could get interesting.... I wonder where we stand legally if things change now. Probably haven't got a leg to stand on, but it would affect an awful lot of people.

If kick off is changed then the chances are it would be moved to Sunday IMO. No point in tinkering with Saturday kick off times as BHA / Palace fans would still overlap regardless.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When I went back in the early 80s we used to be on the terrace behind the goal at the North End with the seats behind. Will be great to be back in that end and hopefully for us to take 6K+ would be superb stuff!

If my memory serves me well we scored our first ever First Division goal away at Villa, I was lucky to be there to see that - Maybank I think?

Mark R

spot on although it was the late 70's. Evening match, lost 2 - 1, Maybank scored and me and a couple of similarly wet behind the ears mates got chased from a local pub by a mob of Birmingham bag (baggy trousers with huge patched pockets for those of you wondering) wearing Villa fans! We were outed cos we were wearing cut down jeans and Ben Sherman shirts! My, did we run....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here