Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa - a call to arms

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need a run, of good form, like everyone else has. If feels like we’re odd ones out. I fear another Hughton like run though, I definitely saw that coming last season a mile off and have to say I’m even more nervous now because the three definite for relegation aren’t as obvious as last year. It might just be us therefore. We’ve a fight on our hands and aren’t scoring or creating chances yet again. A lot to be nervous about therefore.

We hit the bar and Murray had two good chances yesterday but you carry on worrying, even though it’s not true that we aren’t making chances, we just aren’t taking them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just don't lose, a win would be massive. We are more than capable, esp at home

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Stephens has been terrible since his suspension which is a shame as had looked decent up to that point. Bissouma has blown hot and cold when given the chance and was the worst player on the pitch against Massive.

One of those two needs to start performing regularly and nail that position down

Or don't play either of them......Alzate, Propper, Mooy for me in midfield.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We hit the bar and Murray had two good chances yesterday but you carry on worrying, even though it’s not true that we aren’t making chances, we just aren’t taking them.

I think you’re probably right but possibly making excuses. After all, it’s all relative, and relatively poor, compared to other teams given we have had several games without creating chances - I’m not speaking about Bissouma type efforts that hit the stand or fall sign which technically count. Besides the bottom line is we didn’t score yday on the road. Again. Fact. Nor got any points. Again. Fact. Lots of people would say you’re ignoring reality and to enjoy the relegation scrap which will be even more exciting this year because we’re 2 points worse off than last currently :thumbsup: But I’d rather see some actual goals and us pull away from the trapdoor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter and Naylor calling us fans at the AMEX 'proper shitehouse'.

[tweet]1216975873687130112[/tweet]

Probably, I dunno, I don't have get The Athletic.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

The support has been a bit crap recently, seems to have coincided with VAR disallowing some of our goals, don’t know if that’s the reason, some of the funny kick off times have obviously had an effect too, no excuse for the Sheffield United game though.

Police Box seem a lot more quiet.
Periods of almost silence.
West Stand not as loud or singing as frequently.

Not sure what’s happened. I sat next to the away fans in the East for the Wednesday game (admittedly they were pants and so was the game) and no one barely even clapped there or tried to road the team on when we were 1 nil down. I do worry about the ‘support’ we’ve attracted these days, the whole ‘Salam Witch Trails’ look people give to each other when they try to sing really doesn’t help either.

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We have 2 points less than the same stage last season. We need 3 points. After early promise bar Arsenal away we have been poor for quite a while now including a few abject performances and capitulation in both cup competitions

Very comprehensive performance to beat Bournemouth, excellent performance versus Palace and very unlucky not to win and a great battling point against Chelsea.

All since the Arsenal game.

Being dramatic and overly, unnecessarily negative hardly helps does it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

This could easily be its own giant thread...

Risky stuff from GP, could get the fans against him.

Hard for me to say a lot since I'm watching the games on stream, but from what I can hear and see its one of the most quiet 20k+ stadiums in Europe and seemingly closer to moaning than to cheering.

The guy I quoted earlier in the thread sums up what seems the be the attitude. He said something about that the team should go out and inspire the fans. In many fan bases however, the attitude is the opposite: they feel that they as supporters should inspire the team.

Its pretty logical that it is like this though. I mean the die hard fans in here went to Gillingham and to Withdean and stuff, but realistically the vast majority that visits the AMEX are pretty new to this and might not understand typical supporter culture: they come to be spectators of entertainment rather than supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Tony Bloom has shown he is eager to improve the club, Potter that he is eager to improve the team, and the players that they are eager to improve themselves - and I hope the supporters/spectators are equally eager to improve themselves as supporters.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bold for Potter to take on the fans and not very sensible imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here