Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa - a call to arms

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can we get this thread back on track? Is there any appetite amongst NSC to view this match as a vital one for which we should each play our part in making a special effort?

There is no doubt that, for whatever reason, The Amex atmosphere has gone downhill since the heady early days and promotion challenging seasons.

How good would it be to show Graham Potter what we Albion fans can really do at The Amex in terms of vocally supporting the team?

3.00pm kick off. Crucial and winnable match. Noisy away fans. It should all happen organically but don't die wondering. Arrange to have an extra beer or two if that works. Choose a positive attitude for the whole day - recognise what Potter said - you do play a part. Get behind the team and join in with more singing than of late.

It isn't tricky.

I'm up for it, not driving after this one so beer will flow !

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Ah thanks for filling me in.

Banning or silencing hardcore fans. It sounds like a typical case of atmosphere cancer. Potter might not even be aware that this is and has been the case, Something should be done about it. I'm no Tony Bloom expert but I cant imagine he wants the morgue silence.

I don’t think he does either, but it’s not really his call, it’s Barber’s. He’s done load of great stuff for the club, but the way the stewards are kills the atmosphere in parts of the ground. I think that sort of thing comes from the top down.

I was at the back of the South Stand near the away fans for a game and me and couple of mates decided to stand up and sing. Almost straight away a steward was over to us to tell us to stop or we’ll be chucked out.

Someone I know got chucked out and subsequently banned for 3 years in a case misidentification the other week. The didn’t even chuck him out at the game he was supposed to have committed an offence, they waited until the next home game to randomly pluck him out of the crowd. He’s someone who really gets behind the team. That sort of thing could happen to anyone of us really, I think people are scared.

I think it was the last home game where a steward was getting people to sit down from about 8 rows from the back of the North Stand. FFS! We are never going to create an atmosphere with shit like this happening.

I saw a video of the Jahanbakhsh goal being filmed from the North Stand and as soon as fans were celebrating there was a steward trying to calm everyone down! Bizarre.

If the club really wanted an atmosphere, they could relax the stewarding in the North Stand and allow more people to stand (this is also why I think we should have safe standing) but they won’t. People can say ‘it’s the rules’, but they ‘tolerate’ us standing in the back few rows and clubs like loads of other PL clubs get away with it, but no, our club has to be seen as the enforcers of troublesome standers, who they clearly don’t want coming to the games.

Another way of ramping up the atmosphere would be to move the away fans next to the North Stand, but the club don’t want that ‘kind’ of atmosphere. They want the nicey, nicey, atmosphere.

Well, you can’t have both and we are suffering from that.

The interaction between home and away fans at The Amex is greatly missed. Both stands behind goals can barely hear each other most of the team, almost as if none of them are there and that kills it for me. Just imagine going 1 nil up in the 90th minute on Saturday with the Villa fans absolutely stunned at the noise coming their way from the North Stand while they are in the East Stand. We can dream.

burneraccount

Jan 13, 2020
If you bought the ticket as a one-off match ticket then, no, there is no resale option.

If you try to sell the ticket anywhere and the club see, they will attempt to trace you and will ban you from future purchases for a period of time.

If this is your season ticket, you can use the resale facility on the club ticketing site.

Presumably no such issues with giving it away, right?

If so, any local heads know anyone that could use the ticket? Seems a waste to let the seat go empty.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Crap fans apparently.
F6BC8B74-A22E-4338-A2D4-05504003F1AC.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barbs, in the programme, in now joining the call for us being the worst fans ever.

(Or words to that effect)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's he said??

Dunno it's on Naylor's Twitter feed.

Words to the effect of we're all ungrateful scum of the earth and he wishes we were more like Swanman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here