Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming a limited capacity in the future how should the club decide who goes?

In a restricted capacity how should the club decide who attends?

• Loyalty Points

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Length of holding a season ticket

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Residential distance from the AMEX

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Lottery of all STH's

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • Lottery of all STH's AND Members

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Just men, then one of the above?

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Just women, then one of the above (but not 6)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sexual Orientation

Votes: 2 1.1%
    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Weight

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Ethinicity

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Whoever has emailed Paul Barber the most

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.9%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
so sounds like the restart date is going to be september 12th with 25% crowds allowed to start and more by the end of the year.

That gives us about 8,000 supporters.

Would assume can still go to games with your usual groups and theose not selected to attend can remain in the pubs which will of improved further by then.

Source? Would be interested to read more.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Around 12,000 fans could be permitted to watch Albion at the Amex next season, as the Premier League begin their preparations for the 2020/21 campaign.

Clubs continue to be updated on discussions between a cross-sport working group and the government on the stage five protocols - those governing the return of spectators to stadiums - and reports published by the Independent suggest that stadiums could be allowed to open up to 40 per cent of capacity.

Discussions will have to take place to see how many of the 40 per cent the club would realistically be able to accommodate.

Smaller grounds may have to accept fewer fans due to seats being closer together.

The logistics of allowing supporters into grounds is yet to be decided, but in any such scenario, masks would be mandatory for all fans, while social distancing regulations would also apply.

A decision on a starting date is yet to be made, but is expected before the next shareholders' meeting on July 24, although September 12 is understood to be a likely choice, with Uefa selecting that date for their European calendar.

Talks on both a restart schedule and supporter admissions will continue, with domestic cup competitions also a consideration when coming up with a final calendar.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Around 12,000 fans could be permitted to watch Albion at the Amex next season, as the Premier League begin their preparations for the 2020/21 campaign.

Clubs continue to be updated on discussions between a cross-sport working group and the government on the stage five protocols - those governing the return of spectators to stadiums - and reports published by the Independent suggest that stadiums could be allowed to open up to 40 per cent of capacity.

Discussions will have to take place to see how many of the 40 per cent the club would realistically be able to accommodate.

Smaller grounds may have to accept fewer fans due to seats being closer together.

The logistics of allowing supporters into grounds is yet to be decided, but in any such scenario, masks would be mandatory for all fans, while social distancing regulations would also apply.

A decision on a starting date is yet to be made, but is expected before the next shareholders' meeting on July 24, although September 12 is understood to be a likely choice, with Uefa selecting that date for their European calendar.

Talks on both a restart schedule and supporter admissions will continue, with domestic cup competitions also a consideration when coming up with a final calendar.
Sounds like we all get to go to 1 in 3 matches if the club treat us all fairly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Define "all" and "fairly". Then re-read this thread. Minefield.
All - Season Ticket holders. ( bronze members for the South Stand as no away fans )

Fairly - treat "all" above equally.

The real key is to have different fans going to each game, and not a clique that gets to go to every match ( I suppose corporate box holders will go every match though ).

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I suppose they could use the South Stand for non-STH as no one has a ST there and there isn't away fans for the foreseeable. Opens up a minefield if they use STH seats for other people unless they suspend ST for a year.

The fact they would have to hand back several million pounds if the suspend ST makes me think they won't do it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So masks mandatory...if I get the chance to attend I’ll be prerecording ..Albion ..Albion.... Ref you *****r etc etc on my phone and taking along a largish speaker

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Blind auction, highest bidders win, even if they are Chelsea fans...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't think limited capacity will work as there are still too many pinch points for congregation.

I wonder how many would attend if, and this is hypothetical because they won't, they said first game of the season is 1 Sep and it's open to all, STHs, away fans and members. I still don't think the attendance would be anywhere near half full?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Those who spent most on '8049' should get first dibs.

If you get allocated a game, say 3 F&F should be able to attend with you. That attendance rules you ALL out of the next 2 ballots.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't think limited capacity will work as there are still too many pinch points for congregation.

I wonder how many would attend if, and this is hypothetical because they won't, they said first game of the season is 1 Sep and it's open to all, STHs, away fans and members. I still don't think the attendance would be anywhere near half full?

Think this will be done to personal choice in the end.

If you dont feel happy with going I expect you will have an opt out option till you you are.

I think if its an option the majority would want to go

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Let's assume 50% capacity.

The club selects 50% of STH and emails them saying:-

"You have been selected to attend the home game v <club> on <date>. If you do not attend the game you will be removed from future ballots"

(If you don't remove the fans who are selected but don't show up then you will have STHs being selected for half the games and never bothering to go. If you are selected for a particular game and then you don't go to that game then you get no refund. Refunds only available for the games where you are not selected).

Have to keep the admin down to a minimum; it's going to be hard enough for the club as it is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One word: Gillingham.

Agree with this but you’re also cutting out a whole age range who were too young to go there. Should throw in Withdean as a result...

But simplest and fairest is the top 2 options tbh. No JCL who’s had a ST for a year should be above a long standing STH or a regular away traveller.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here