Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming a limited capacity in the future how should the club decide who goes?

In a restricted capacity how should the club decide who attends?

• Loyalty Points

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Length of holding a season ticket

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Residential distance from the AMEX

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Lottery of all STH's

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • Lottery of all STH's AND Members

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Just men, then one of the above?

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Just women, then one of the above (but not 6)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sexual Orientation

Votes: 2 1.1%
    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Weight

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Ethinicity

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Whoever has emailed Paul Barber the most

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.9%

• Total voters

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I think all of us who sat, soaked to the skin and frozen at Withdean on 10th Dec 1999 to watch us lose 3-4 to Rochdale in what is now League 2 should have first shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
No away fans, that adds another 3k and reduces overhead on stewards etc. obviously we then can’t visit other grounds but that seems sensible anyway.
Then a weekly lottery, families/friends can apply together, get whatever seat is allocated in your stand. If you ‘win’ one week you don’t go in the next draw.
Part STH refund.
It will be shit, the atmosphere will be shit. The queue for the bar will be better.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Freeze season ticket holder accounts , refund any outstanding monies , make it first come first served online , as long as a fan has purchase history cant see the problem , hopefully as soon as things go back to normal then the season ticket holders get thier favourite seats back .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Refund season tickets, as [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] says and then charge a small premium on top of normal ticket price to go into the Albion COVID fund, and then just sell as they do away tickets, based on points?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ah, I see what you mean. I think Albion As One supports a number of local charities. I don’t think they are necessarily Covid specific. Could be wrong.

Even better then, I'd say.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Does anyone realise that members exist? Those of us who pay every year to get priority on matchday tickets, money which me and my family paid in June despite all the uncertainty? Seems everyone wants the lottery to be a closed shop of STH's.

It would be pretty shite to buy our memberships and then be told we had zero chance of tickets.

That is all :)

I would like a lottery of all season ticket holders and members for each game.

Nobody deserves to go over anybody else for home games, so a draw for each game seems fair to me

Thank you, only person on this thread to mention the members.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Here is a thought how about tickets allocated using ability and willingness to sing and chant. Last thing we need is a stadium 1/4 full with silent f***ers giving the team no help whatever.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Clearly a vetting process is required as such I have come up with a 5 point plan if you can answer yes to the following your in;

1. Must have seen Peter ward playing for the Albion ( charity and testimonial games don't count).
2. Must hold a current season ticket.
3. Must have previously held season tickets for the Goldstone, Preastfield and Withdean.
4. Must have attended a school sports day at Withdean. ( bit random but it means you grew up in Brighton).
5. Must have seen the Albion play at Wembley ( on TV doesn't count).

Failing this I suppose the club randomly selects a number of Season ticket holders who are offered a seat for a specific game

1. Tick
2. Tick
3. Tick
4. Cross, damn.
5. Tick

That's me out then.

The crossbar challenge - whoever can hit it gets a seat!
Possibly the best suggestion yet. It would certainly limit the numbers quickly.

Does anyone realise that members exist?

Thank you, only person on this thread to mention the members.

I mentioned members in the original poll.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Here is a thought how about tickets allocated using ability and willingness to sing and chant. Last thing we need is a stadium 1/4 full with silent f***ers giving the team no help whatever.

Because currently they are saying singing and chanting are amongst the highest risk factors

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
so sounds like the restart date is going to be september 12th with 25% crowds allowed to start and more by the end of the year.

That gives us about 8,000 supporters.

Would assume can still go to games with your usual groups and theose not selected to attend can remain in the pubs which will of improved further by then.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I mentioned members in the original poll.

I know, thank you for including it, but the NSC collective appear to be treating it as one of the comedy options :lolol:. When presented with the otherwise identical 'all STH' or 'all sth and members', 5 times as many ignored the members.

Considering that STH will get refunds if they aren't allowed to attend matches, us mere members are paying more per game than STH for the behind doors matches. We stumped up the cash to stay members in the middle of the lockdown, may well get absolutely nothing for our outlay (no TV vouchers for us) and probably shouldn't have paid it if it wasn't for our loyalty and love for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here