Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask the club - roof amex

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be fair it is difficult to be able to explain that having a huge great hole the size of a football pitch in the middle of a roof will not stop all the rain from getting in when the wind blows, without being too patronising!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why the feck have people on here been going on about the SHOCK HORROR of some of the seats getting wet on the webcam?! Of course they fecking are - this has been going on for weeks on here and people sound well stupid :)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There was a comment by Natterjack that some people misunderstood I think. On one occasion there was water streaming down the terrace from the back (North stand I think). When asked why this was he said the down pipes (or something like that) had not yet been properly connected. Subsequently, I have seen replies to comments about the wet terracing where people have quoted NJ as saying that the roof isn't sealed yet. That's the confusion - he never said the roof wasn't sealed. He was referring to something else. So from here I think some people thought (God knows why) that the terracing was getting wet through gaps in the roof. It's always been clear that many seats - esp in the east stand facing the prevailing wind - would get wet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its so snug up here in the upper west central block. If the rain gets up here its going be one hell of a filthy day.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When it's very windy and raining, ALL of the seats except middle and upper west tiers get wet. FACT.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There was a comment by Natterjack that some people misunderstood I think. On one occasion there was water streaming down the terrace from the back (North stand I think). When asked why this was he said the down pipes (or something like that) had not yet been properly connected. Subsequently, I have seen replies to comments about the wet terracing where people have quoted NJ as saying that the roof isn't sealed yet. That's the confusion - he never said the roof wasn't sealed. He was referring to something else. So from here I think some people thought (God knows why) that the terracing was getting wet through gaps in the roof. It's always been clear that many seats - esp in the east stand facing the prevailing wind - would get wet.[/QUOTE]

Can we expect a "Bring Back Withdean" thread soon, do you think? :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder how strict the club will be on people in the front rows scooting back a few rows into the dry seats further up if they're vacant (in the East particularly).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There won't BE many vacant seats, though, will there?

I have to admit, after years sat in the rain at Withers, I'd be a touch PEEVED to find myself getting rained on at the Amex. However, this is why I choose the BACK ROW of the East. I can't believe people don't consider this when choosing their spots?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I have to admit, after years sat in the rain at Withers, I'd be a touch PEEVED to find myself getting rained on at the Amex. However, this is why I choose the BACK ROW of the East. I can't believe people don't consider this when choosing their spots?

Most people who only go and watch Brighton at Withdean have probably forgotten that a roof doesn't guarantee dryness at a football stadium

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well, hopefully there won't be many spare, but its obviously not ALWAYS going to be a full house. There are bound to be spaces, and if its honking down and people are getting wet, you can guarantee they'll be looking over their shoulders to see if there are any spares in the dry further up the stand. I know I would (although I won't need to, obviously).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Putting a roof over Falmer would have financial implications should the club get planning permission to expand the stadium. Anyway it's nice to be able to look up and see the sky.

Errr...I don't think anyone is suggesting we convert it to an indoor arena.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If anyone thought that the roof over the west would keep everyone dry is an idiot though surely. What did you expect? It is very open, big cross winds will be evident around the Stadium and the rain will drive into the stadium especially if you consider the size and arch of the roof of the West and in case some people forgot, it is not an indoor arena.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the only way I'm gonna get wet in my PLUSH WSU seat is if I spill my BEER at half-time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here