Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask the club - roof amex

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its a flask with ORANGE JUICE innit....honest Guv!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's the angles of the roof , especially as they go so high by the West Upper. Saying that the terracing does look totally soaked whenever we have a slight drop of rain.

West Up will be cosy now

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This pic implies that it's only the first eight rows that will get wet - luckily I'm in row 9! :lol:

0,,10433~9388025,00.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The prevailing wind is from the SW so the East and North stands will be the wettest I guess.
Of course if there is a particularly chilly east wind we'll get the worst of it in the West Upper.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So the question is would you rather be dry but cold or wet but warm....?!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The prevailing wind is from the SW so the East and North stands will be the wettest I guess.
Of course if there is a particularly chilly east wind we'll get the worst of it in the West Upper.

Sideways and almost upward rain ?

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Shit to be fair I didn't even consider this, my friend went and got my ticket not being able to get to the presentation I'm in row r in the middle of the west bottom tier , I'm going to get wet! I don't care tho! if people really moan about this then they need to put it into perspective!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shit to be fair I didn't even consider this, my friend went and got my ticket not being able to get to the presentation I'm in row r in the middle of the west bottom tier , I'm going to get wet! I don't care tho! if people really moan about this then they need to put it into perspective!

Row R is a fair way back - you will probably be OK. It will only be the first few rows that are really badly affected.

And as you say, does it matter that much? Wherever you sit, there will be much more protection from the rain than we get at Withdean.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I would have thought that at the design stage of the stadium a lot of thought would have been put into the aerodynamics and their effect on the comfort of those seated within the arena. (ie windtunnel tests etc.). I still believe that once the superstructure is completed there will be less effect of the wind and rain upon those paying customers.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would have thought that at the design stage of the stadium a lot of thought would have been put into the aerodynamics and their effect on the comfort of those seated within the arena. (ie windtunnel tests etc.). I still believe that once the superstructure is completed there will be less effect of the wind and rain upon those paying customers.

Eh-hem......This......Although in some conditions most people except upper west may get damp.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Its so snug up here in the upper west central block. If the rain gets up here its going be one hell of a filthy day.

The only dirty water you'll get near up there is if the bar runs out of Hophead, and you have to hit the Harveys.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, the roof is completed. As with any stadium because of the height of the roof in driving rain conditions some areas will always be susceptible to rain or dampness. This is unavoidable unless we install a completely closed roof.
How much more simple do you want the answer to be...... there is a large hole in the middle where the pitch fits, and through which rain will fall.
Alternatively http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/education/teachers/lessonplan_ks2_water_cycle.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here