Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask The Club - Is this a fair question?

Is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

• Yes

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Since some people get banned for using "Ask the Club" I thought I would ask here if you think this is a fair question before posting it.............

So is this a fair question to ask, and should it be asked?

Dear Mr Insider

As you probably know from reading this forum, many fans are far from happy with our performance this season, the performance of the manager, and the performance of the team.

Things seemed to be moving forward well under Dean Wilkins and obviously comparisons are being made, and the fact that we have brought in a more experienced manager in Micky Adams and appear to be heading backwards, and it would appear sliding uncontrollably towards relegation, can you once and for all end all the speculation amongst fans, and explain why the club sacked Dean Wilkins in May?

The club have always claimed to be open and honest with the fans, so why have we not been given the definitive reason for Dean Wilkins' sacking yet?

I think its a fair question, and to be honest if they won't answer this, or if it gets removed and I get another one week ban (that ends tomorrow), then is there any point in having "ask the club"?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
perfectly fair. Do you want me to post it and see if I get banned?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Good question, but more chance of the proverbial in her maj's handbag than getting the answer we all want.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As a fans forum, I feel this is a very topical question, that is gradually dividing the fans more and more.

As the turmoil of this dreadful season unfolds, these questions do need to be answered, and only some direct honesty..for a change..........is required.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Excellent and more than fair...more chance of getting a hedgehog across the M1 -
Length ways!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perfectly fair question, but you won't get an answer.

I'm sorry to say the club are only open and honest with the fans when it suits them.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How about no, for the umpteenth time, because the club cannot...legally...publicise...the reasons?

Uncle Dick made it as clear as he could when he said Wilkins would have left regardless of where we had finished last season.

Anyone around the club at the end of last season will tell you Wilkins had no PR skills whatsoever.

How many senior players have you heard coming out in support of Wilkins? (And no, Forster saying it was a surprise doesn't count. And I'm sure if you put the tiniest pressure on any senior player from last season to give their opinion on Wilkins leaving...oh I can't be arsed with all this again. NSC is spazville.)

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes it is a fair question-However club people seem to be blinkered almost as if Dick is the Maffia.

To be honest i am not sure i would believe them now,but if Dean came out wanting to talk about it i am pretty sure we wouldn't hear the spin that the club would give us.

Basically Dick shafted Wilkins.

The question is who would you trust the most to tell the truth Dean or Dick?

It's a no brainer really.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How about no, for the umpteenth time, because the club cannot...legally...publicise...the reasons?

And yet it was OK for Dick Knight to use Lord Bracknell to convey his "apparent" disapproval of Wilkins on this board....?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Isn't the answer that bringing back a fans' favourite sounded like a good idea? Heart over head and all that? Sounds simple to me.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What if everybody asked the same question? Would everybody be banned,or would the same lack of response be the answer?

I had no faith in Dean Wilkins as a manager I have to say,and was pleased to see the change,but one of the reasons for my lack of belief in Wilkins was the dependence on youth team players who have failed to deliver,meaning that the squad was bound to be -- is-- threadbare now.We relied on players who have been "found out",and irrespective of last years final placement we also played some intolerable cack,schoolboy football,kick it in the air and see what happens and hope football.Where's Mark McGhee when you need him,eh?

But it is a fair and pertinent question to pose,nonetheless.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Uncle Dick made it as clear as he could when he said Wilkins would have left regardless of where we had finished last season.

Anyone around the club at the end of last season will tell you Wilkins had no PR skills whatsoever.

How many senior players have you heard coming out in support of Wilkins? (And no, Forster saying it was a surprise doesn't count. And I'm sure if you put the tiniest pressure on any senior player from last season to give their opinion on Wilkins leaving...oh I can't be arsed with all this again. NSC is spazville.)

The question isn't asking for the reason, it's asking why we haven't been told which is a completely different question entirely.

If the answer to that question is "we can't tell you legal reasons, then I'd be quite happy with that..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here