Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
At Christmas time he wasn't starting and we were playing really well and getting some good results. He has been excellent and taken his chances from the bench and deservedly been handed a starting place and today put in, what sounded like, another fantastic performance.

I think he was really unlucky to loose his spot in the side but has been extremely professional in earning it back. Well Done Ashley Barnes

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i agree for the most part, but i think dropping him may have benefited him. i think he is slowly showing his doubters there is a lot of quality there, and at his age will only improve. the lad has a good eye for goal and a tasty strike! bit more strength / composure in pressure situations and he'll be class.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't christmas time when we were playing poorly and struggling to get a win in the league?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to some he's not good enough, how very TCB of them.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
IMHO I don't really care how they sound, Barnes and Noone especially, as long as they are scoring goals and doing their stuff for us. Seeeeeeegulls!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
IMHO I don't really care how they sound, Barnes and Noone especially, as long as they are scoring goals and doing their stuff for us. Seeeeeeegulls!

Exactly. People can no longer criticise his playing skills so they pick on the way he speaks. Pathetic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't there today but in games I've seen him in, some of his turns and layoffs are absolute quality, he has really quick feet. OK he's not the greatest finisher but he's always getting into good positions and he has a hell of a shot on him on the turn. Can only get better imo and some fans need to remember how starved we've been of the quality of forwards we now have when they start griping.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Exactly. People can no longer criticise his playing skills so they pick on the way he speaks. Pathetic.

bit of an overreaction on part of a few of you. for my part you'll see i'm a barnes fan. he said 'so it's good' a lot in his interview - i thought it was funny and make a tongue-in-cheek comment...

did you even bother to read the thread at all or just jump straight on your soapboxes? jesus f***.

perhaps the phrase 'thick as shit' was a bit unfair but seriously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here