Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Exactly. People can no longer criticise his playing skills so they pick on the way he speaks. Pathetic.

Oh do me a favour, no one is picking on him! He openly admits his west county accent is a topic of amusement- lighten up.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
he always seems to play better in a 3 with murray and wood

I get excited when I see this as the line up, attacking football with 3 forwards who each have individual strengths that can undo just about any defence. How anyone on here can set about criticising a young man who is still learning his trade with the team we all supposedly support is beyond me. The people who do this are obviously better players than Ashley but because of their busy lives just don't have the time to waste on something so tedious & poorly paid as being a professional footballer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
played well today - worked very hard indeed - two assists to add to his goal - what's not to like

......also had a goal disallowed and some superb tracking back, especially one tackle in our box which was Lawrensonesque in timing and execution.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I get excited when I see this as the line up, attacking football with 3 forwards who each have individual strengths that can undo just about any defence. How anyone on here can set about criticising a young man who is still learning his trade with the team we all supposedly support is beyond me. The people who do this are obviously better players than Ashley but because of their busy lives just don't have the time to waste on something so tedious & poorly paid as being a professional footballer.

I don't think it helps us out defensively, so i get concerned everytime I see the 3 forwards

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
its about time fans started supporting our classy players, and not just when there playing well, even when there playing poor, there only human.
well done ash!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I rate Barnes, and certainly think he has been playing much better as a part of this front three along side Murray and Wood. For me his best performances have come when playing these, for example Pompey, Watford, and from what i heard on the radio, and reading reports on here, today was certainly up there with his best! He always seems to give 100% so you can't knock him for that, and he is our joint top scorer, having missed a handful of games. Keep up the good work Ashley :)

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
yes he has been playing well in the 4-3-3 system alongside murray and wood.
I quite like the system cause usually 1/2 at leats play up to their standards and thy can then help out the other player who isnt having his best day. but i would like Noone to get his starting place back aswell...i love the guy, and he has definetly urned his place in the starting line-up!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's been class!

Last edited:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
That was some goal yesterday really great placing and power just seen it for second time immense!

Plus he shares my surname - I can assure you all though I am not from the West Country...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
His record in terms of goals/games is very impressive, nobody can argue with that. But with the chances this side are creating and the chances he has missed, he should be league top scorer by a mile. Yes he is improving, yes he is young and he had a very good game yesterday. But some people are even saying he set up the own goal yesterday ffs. He was one on one and fluffed it, the defender just got unlucky with the rebound, it could have gone anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here