Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But with the chances this side are creating and the chances he has missed, he should be league top scorer by a mile.

For you to say that with any credibility, you must know the number of chances that every striker in this division has had this season, do you?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
His record in terms of goals/games is very impressive, nobody can argue with that. But with the chances this side are creating and the chances he has missed, he should be league top scorer by a mile. Yes he is improving, yes he is young and he had a very good game yesterday. But some people are even saying he set up the own goal yesterday ffs. He was one on one and fluffed it, the defender just got unlucky with the rebound, it could have gone anywhere.

1. And what of Murray?
2. But itdidn't. It went in.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
He was one on one and fluffed it.

overly harsh, it was a good save and i think he had a decent attempt. that said, a more experienced player may have struck it a touch earlier and scored with more ease. but who knows? and people are clearly saying they appreciate the luck of the OG but nevertheless Ash's busyness and action clearly resulted the goal. Not his goal, nor assist... but another source of credit for the lad nevertheless!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
For you to say that with any credibility, you must know the number of chances that every striker in this division has had this season, do you?

Does anyone, I just know what I see. He is lucky enough to be in a very good side, that creates chances for fun. It should be a strikers dream to play in this side at the moment. I suppose it was the swerve of the ball and the way he struck it, that made the keeper throw it in the back of the net at Watford as well?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Does anyone, I just know what I see. He is lucky enough to be in a very good side, that creates chances for fun. It should be a strikers dream to play in this side at the moment. I suppose it was the swerve of the ball and the way he struck it, that made the keeper throw it in the back of the net at Watford as well?

What more do you expect from our 21 year-old top goalscorer?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They both scored their 12th goal of the season yesterday

So, What more do you expect from him?

Overall I expect him to be more clinical. So he has 12 goals, thats his job, thats what he gets paid for, to score goals for Brighton and Hove Albion and I have said he is improving. But for people to get carried away with the notion that he is some sort superstar striker, which in imo is just crap. When we go up this year(and we will) I will be amazed if he is anymore than a squad player next season, who just plays cup games etc...That said I am more than happy to him to prove me wrong, as it would be in the best interests of this football club.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Overall I expect him to be more clinical. So he has 12 goals, thats his job, thats what he gets paid for, to score goals for Brighton and Hove Albion and I have said he is improving. But for people to get carried away with the notion that he is some sort superstar striker, which in imo is just crap. When we go up this year(and we will) I will be amazed if he is anymore than a squad player next season, who just plays cup games etc...That said I am more than happy to him to prove me wrong, as it would be in the best interests of this football club.

So he's written off at 21 then? And in a season when he scores as many as our top striker? We are not saying he's a superstar. Just doing really well for us at the moment and I for one believe that 1 goal and two assists isn't a bad return for a game.

As for proving you wrong, I'm sure thats very high on his agenda. Just below continuing to prove Gus right.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Good old Ashley! Hard working, honest player and highly rated by Sr. Poyet. Loved his performance yesterday - only 21 still - and able to show up some of BHA's meathead miseries for what they are.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

how much shit do you talk? anyone that doesnt rate barnes knows f*** all about what is a good striker. a good striker isnt just someone who can put the ball in the net from 6 yrds. his hold up play,workrate,teamwork,movement and laying the ball off is great, give him break ffs.

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Barnes seems to be revelling in the 3 up top formation his movement is causing problems for defenders and creating space for the midfielders to attack ,great goal yesterday first touch gave him the space ,and unstoppable shot ,goals breed confidence and lets hope he becomes a real top striker for us .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here