Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Your opinion

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It is not inconceivable that Barnes could learn to play a wee bit better? It seems more likely than finding a striker in England. That latter is not without risks (remember Maybank).

Interesting, Mullery bought Maybank to bail out Fulham, paid £220000 for him and then later sold him for £150000. Don't times change ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
They say you become a better player by playing with better players.

Barnes is not the most technically gifted player in the squad but having seen how he's developed since his spell at Eastbourne Borough I'd say he's the embodiment of that old maxim.

It's very pleasing to see how he continues to step up with each challenge at every stage of his career. Gus clearly sees great potential and a goal return of five already, at this early stage of the season, suggests he's onto something.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He's in the starting XI on merit, no doubt about it. Great penalties too.

That's where you're wrong. If the keeper goes the right way, they are SAVED. Therefore, his penalties have in fact been 'shit'. It's kind of like how if I cross the road without being hit by a car, I may as well be dead as there MIGHT have been a car waiting to hit me on another occasion.

Stumpy Tim

That's where you're wrong. If the keeper goes the right way, they are SAVED. Therefore, his penalties have in fact been 'shit'. It's kind of like how if I cross the road without being hit by a car, I may as well be dead as there MIGHT have been a car waiting to hit me on another occasion.

Huh? Reina went the right way and it beat him all ends up. The Leeds penalty was top corner and unstoppable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Sir, you type crap! Both penalties this week were superbly taken, end of.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huh? Reina went the right way and it beat him all ends up. The Leeds penalty was top corner and unstoppable.

Sir, you type crap! Both penalties this week were superbly taken, end of.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I think you are both missing the irony in his post, playing off mr burns's opinion that the previous penalties that Barnes scored were not good penalties because if the keeper went the other way they'd be saved.

Last edited:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

Utter bollocks, the last two penalties no keeper in the world would have got near them, they were unstoppable. I also think Barnes is one of the most improved players we have this season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's the bread and butter striker that all teams need. The non flashy one that just keeps on trying til the end.

And he's still so young.

I read that in this voice.

316thqNj%2BWL._SL150_.jpg

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
It's a shame we can't use him like a kicker in American Football _ Just bring him on for the penalties.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I think he is doing well,does the right thing by sticking the ball in the back of the net,he is still very young and I think if he keeps improving as he is,he will be a real asset to the club.Good luck to the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here