Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Your opinion

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I thought he was excellent last night, his penalty only being a small part of that.

I thought it was the best he's been in terms of ball retention and link up play. He and CMS looked like a proper partnership.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
A didn't get the ball to his feet any where near enough last night, he hardly touched the ball in the first half, and he's the link man;
Dunk and Greer should be looking for Barnes's feet first every time.
When we did hit his feet we suddenly looked dangerous every time.

Tapatalk:G2-Cog2

He continue to improve and reminds be a bit of a young Teddy Sheringham although certainly not at the same standard yet. Similarities - good positional sense, stature, a lack of any real pace and a good, but not outstanding, goal scoring record. As he matures his understanding of the game should progess even further turning him into a very influential player but he needs to continue to work on his first touch and shielding of the ball with his back to goal.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
AB should be one of the first on the teamsheet. He is a natural goalscorer and he is always there in the right place to score and he's good in defence. Not our most skillful player but one of our most effective.
Good on you Barnsey.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I rate Barnes, he drops deep well, is strong, plays it simple and likes to score. He also works well with CMS and gets the ball wide...i cant see why anyone didnt like him last year.
Lua Lua last season looked a different class, this season i've not been wowed....that said its a long season and players will dip in and out of form...he just seems to have lost a little edge, maybe thats the injury, form or higher quality defenders, probably a bit of each.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here