Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley barnes - the best finisher at The Albion

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nothing to discuss... not championship level and shouldn't be playing for us...

So we're told.

Sep 1, 2010
His work rate and penalty skills are second to none. I have been to most home games in last few seasons and he is not the most technically gifted i grant you but every club need players like him at this level. A tenacious fiesty little utility player

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
whats the point, when he is playing well, people come out and say he is the next best thing since sliced bread, and when he plays shit, people think he is league 1 at best....i mean, he is only 22 ffs, not like he can improve anymore

Sep 1, 2010
f*** off Barnes

:facepalm:

I am going to personally challenge anyone that has a pop at him in future. Inc the speccy little twat that sits in front of me that has been playing Football Manager too much that always has a pop at him.

Twat in a black puffa jacket Vs Gus Poyet...Mmmmmmmmmmm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There was nearly a fight at the back of the north stand between two who didn't see eye to eye. When the subs were made loads of people in the north stand complained, because they know so much more about football than Gus. F'idiots.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
A great finish from him tonight, and set the other up for vokes. Whilst ive never been a huge fan of barnes you can quite clearly see he is a striker/poacher not a midfielder/left winger.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
:facepalm:

I am going to personally challenge anyone that has a pop at him in future. Inc the speccy little twat that sits in front of me that has been playing Football Manager too much that always has a pop at him.

Twat in a black puffa jacket Vs Gus Poyet...Mmmmmmmmmmm

You could do, or you could just accept that just as many people think he isn't up to the job as think he is. It's a game of opinions, we all pay our money. I'd love to be "personally challenged" sounds like a good game

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Distinctly average footballer but he keeps coming up with goals, so you can't knock him. He's become what I thought Hoskins would be.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You could do, or you could just accept that just as many people think he isn't up to the job as think he is. It's a game of opinions, we all pay our money. I'd love to be "personally challenged" sounds like a good game

Sorry but I hate this line of argument. "I pay my money so I can ABUSE whoever I want". What a fuckin disgraceful attitude to have.

Anyone who abuses a young Albion player trying their hardest (and he played very well again tonight) deserves challenging.

Sep 1, 2010

we do all pay our money, and we are all entitled to our opinions, however, it is the way the opinions take shape and why there are too many people eating humble pie making themselves look like twats. The same idiot continually stands up giving it the large one as if he is playing out his manager fantasies which makes him look like a right wanker

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He does what he's asked to do week after week & chips in with his share of the goals. What's not to like about that?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Barnesy is one of my favourite players actually. Not the most technically gifted, but always working his socks off for the team. Delighted to see him in the goals again tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here