Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley barnes - the best finisher at The Albion

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I like him, always liked him, will forever like him.
I rate him, always rated him, will forever rate him as a player!

He shoots
He scores
He doesn't do well working On the wing but when he plays behind the striker he's brilliant and...SCORES GOALS.

Most underrated player in the history of the club

Same here I have loved barnesy ever since he was here on loan

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I like Ash, but if you were to compare the work rate of CMS v Barnes, CMS would win hands down, chasing every last ball as if his life depended on it.

Against Donny on Saturday, there were times when Ash looked like he could only be half bothered, which disturbed me a bit.

Rather have a player who is clinical and is in the right place at the right time as it suits our style of play.

Like CMS but he's better in a kick and run team

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Thank god Poyet knows...

The Uruguayan also hailed the performance of Barnes, who he believes has not been getting the credit he deserves.

"He scored one and set one up and that's Ash for you. He plays most of the time because he gives us something that the others don't and he got another goal for the team. A lot of people don't see the work that he does for the team but he is important.

"That is the reason why I normally keep him on the pitch for the full 90 minutes. He brings the ball down well, he has good movement and he is always testing the keeper which makes him a very dangerous player for us."

Well if he's that f***ing good Gus, sign the lad up on a long term contract ala CMS, Noone, and Buckley. Why run the risk of letting his contract run out? Should have been sorted months ago in that case. Yer, No? Wonder why Gus hasn't out his money where his mouth is and sign the boy on a decent contract? Strange that one? (Cue club announcement Barnes has agreed a five year deal!!:lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here