Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And if you're judging his performance on just his goal then more fool you. He sounded quality all game as backed up by everyone who went.

So yeah, you keep whining when he doesn't score, whining when does and we'll just enjoy what most people consider a bright young talent bought for next to nothing.

:smile:
CLASSIC!!

That's just pissed on the others theories that you bounce it cause he had a great game, when you wasn't even f***ing there to judge him!!! PMSL

As I have said I am not judging him at all on yesterday, because guess what... I WASNT THERE , just responding to same prick bouncing all the threads.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
CLASSIC!!

That's just pissed on the others theories that you bounce it cause he had a great game, when you wasn't even f***ing there to judge him!!! PMSL

As I have said I am not judging him at all on yesterday, because guess what... I WASNT THERE , just responding to same prick bouncing all the threads.

Christ you are hard work aren't you?

Why is it shocking to post that someone had a good game, when both commentators, Sky, and about 4 different people I know at the game said how good he was?

No idea why you have such a vendetta against Barnes or anyone (and there's been quite a few), that disagree with you.

I'm done.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Christ you are hard work aren't you?

Why is it shocking to post that someone had a good game, when both commentators, Sky, and about 4 different people I know at the game said how good he was?

No idea why you have such a vendetta against Barnes or anyone (and there's been quite a few), that disagree with you.

I'm done.
polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
11 goals before the end of January as a 21 year old striker as well as scoring some mightily important goals. TOTALLY unacceptable.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How on earth can you set an own goal up?. By there very nature they are defencive mistakes 9 times out of ten. Or just bad luck.

By creating a situation where the defender is out of control of the situation, which was the scenario yesterday.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
By creating a situation where the defender is out of control of the situation, which was the scenario yesterday.

I see that, but to say he set it up,,,,come on please. Did he miss on purpose so it came off the keeper, hit the defender and went in the net?....My god he did, Ashley Barnes football genius.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't it just semantics? The own goal came about as a result of Ashley Barnes's actions.

Most own goals are the result of some offensive action (a shot or cross deflected or inadvertently , often under pressure or in "must act" situations).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He set Benno's up too... And yes the OG is an assist in my eyes but I understand it wasn't deliberate!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Glenn from then wouldn't recognise the Glenn from now. Not had a bad word to say about the boy since he's finally realised what the game is about. :angel:

I think Glenn has had a few epiphany moments in his private life since those days.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not bumping this to have a snipe but...

Brighton manager Gus Poyet admits the form of Ashley Barnes has forced his hand into picking all three of his strikers.

Barnes was on target for the 12th time this season in Saturday's 4-2 win over Bristol Rovers after forming a three-pronged attack with Glenn Murray and Chris Wood.

"Their form has made it difficult for me to pick the best two," said Poyet.

"Ash, Chris and Glenn are doing really well and scoring goals. We tried to alternate them and that didn't work so I played the three of them.

"That is down to Ash in particular, because he has been so good. How can a manager not play him?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here