Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And as for the comment about Gus, not still feeling sore that your Mr Coppell didn't come are you Mr Burns?
Sorry I dont normally bite or swear at people, especially dickheads but what are you on about you f***ing erection?

What comment about Gus? The comment where I called Gus, God, or Lord Gus? I'm feeling f***ing great that that twat Coppell turned us down. If your going to post a comment about someone, at least get your facts straight you complete f***ing cock.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Are you fuckinbg being serious? A shot in space, that went straight at the keeper? Have a look at the goal and then me that was a shot from a class player.

The difference is I judge a player on what I see over time, not on the back of one game. If you want to judge Ashley Barnes on todays goal, then I think its sums up my point nicely.

Are you TCB's twin brother? Because the two of you are like a stuck gramophone record. There you are, that dates me rather!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are you fuckinbg being serious? A shot when in space, that went straight at the keeper? Have a look at the goal and then me that was a shot from a class player.

I joked with my mate today, that some cock will bounce this thread, even though it was a shit shot and very very lucky goal. And we have a winner

The difference is I judge a player on what I see over time, not on the back of one game. If you want to judge Ashley Barnes on todays goal, then I think its sums up my point nicely.

Several points here. Firstly the comment 'YET ANOTHER game...' clearly shows the poster isn't basing his opinion on one performance. Secondly, you are guilty of what you accuse the poster of...you are basing Barnes' performance today on one incident. What about his all round game? His hold-up play? His distribution? Thirdly, if (and it is a big IF) Barnes is the pile of poo that you think he is then he is clearly a lucky player (goal today, for instance) and was it Napoleon who said - "I have plenty of clever generals, give me a lucky one"?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Several points here. Firstly the comment 'YET ANOTHER game...' clearly shows the poster isn't basing his opinion on one performance. Secondly, you are guilty of what you accuse the poster of...you are basing Barnes' performance today on one incident. What about his all round game? His hold-up play? His distribution? Thirdly, if (and it is a big IF) Barnes is the pile of poo that you think he is then he is clearly a lucky player (goal today, for instance) and was it Napoleon who said - "I have plenty of clever generals, give me a lucky one"?
Where have I based anything about Ashley Barnes based on todays game or commented on his performance other than the goal? I can't comment on Barnes game today as I wasn't there. But as I said, I haven't judged him on one game. He may have had a good game today, doesn't mean I rate him any different overall, unlike some who's opinions change from game to game. I don't think Bennetts played that well in his last two starts, doesn't mean I think he's anything other than a class act.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Are you TCB's twin brother? Because the two of you are like a stuck gramophone record. There you are, that dates me rather!
I see as usual you haven't answered the post. You acuse someone of something, get pulled up on it, and then ignore the post, but still manage to post something. You can't even post the quote aimed at you in response to your point. As said, you complete f***ing cock.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Where have I based anything about Ashley Barnes based on todays game or commented on his performance other than the goal? I can't comment on Barnes game today as I wasn't there. But as I said, I haven't judged him on one game. He may have had a good game today, doesn't mean I rate him any different overall, unlike some who's opinions change from game to game. I don't think Bennetts played that well in his last two starts, doesn't mean I think he's anything other than a class act.

But you did comment about Barnes' game today. It's there in black and white, a few posts back. The comment from the original poster was a sarcastic "yet another rubbish performance". I agree with the sarcasm, the performance by Barnes today was superb for a raw 21 year old talent. You, however, have picked up the fact that his goal was lucky and made a big deal about it.

I can't be arsed arguing with you over whether Barnes is a class player or not. It's irrelevant to be honest but I am somewhat surprised to find out you are making judgements about Barnes performance today based on a 10 second highlight you saw on the telly. Well done.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Look at that everyone. Someone that doesn't agree at all with a thread comment, but can write a sensible reply without using the word twat or ****. ....s.

I see as usual you haven't answered the post. You acuse someone of something, get pulled up on it, and then ignore the post, but still manage to post something. You can't even post the quote aimed at you in response to your point. As said, you complete f***ing cock.

Brilliant stuff. And I see you have chosen not to respond to 2 of the 3 points in my original post on this thread too.

Physician heal thyself.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But you did comment about Barnes' game today. It's there in black and white, a few posts back. The comment from the original poster was a sarcastic "yet another rubbish performance". I agree with the sarcasm, the performance by Barnes today was superb for a raw 21 year old talent. You, however, have picked up the fact that his goal was lucky and made a big deal about it.

I can't be arsed arguing with you over whether Barnes is a class player or not. It's irrelevant to be honest but I am somewhat surprised to find out you are making judgements about Barnes performance today based on a 10 second highlight you saw on the telly. Well done.

I saw the goal on the telly box. It was lucky. I commented about the goal. Its there in black and white. I didnt see the game, so can not comment on his whole performance, and as far as I am aware didn't. So apart from the goal which I have seen, how have I commented about his game today?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yet another game where Barnes proves how RUBBISH he is

Are you fuckinbg being serious? A shot when in space, that went straight at the keeper? Have a look at the goal and then me that was a shot from a class player.

There. Right there.

McShane mentions the game and clearly indicates through sarcasm Barnes had a good game again. You weren't there but dismiss the entire game and McShane's comment on it on the basis of a 10 second highlight.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
There. Right there.

McShane mentions the game and clearly indicates through sarcasm Barnes had a good game again. You weren't there but dismiss the entire game and McShane's comment on it on the basis of a 10 second highlight.

Sorry am I missing something here? Are you seeing what you want to see? Explain how the f***, does my comment about THE GOAL, constuite me dismissing his entire game? Get f***ing Real. Discuss something, but don't read and quote something that hasn't been f***ing said. How the f*** can you read that quote from me, as me dismissing his entire game?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry am I missing something here? Are you seeing what you want to see? Explain how the f***, does my comment about THE GOAL, constuite me dismissing his entire game? Get f***ing Real. Discuss something, but don't read and quote something that hasn't been f***ing said. How the f*** can you read that quote from me, as me dismissing his entire game?

Oy. Calm down dearie and stop getting all sweary. You're coming across all cyber warrior. I'll explain really slowly as you are not getting the point.

Mcshane pointed out (cryptically) that Barnes had another good game today. By the word 'game' he means his overall performance for the entire time he was on the pitch. I agree with this. Barnes played well today. He had a good game.

Still with me?

You dismiss this with the phrase "Are you f***ing serious?" You clearly disagree with McShane's pithy comment about Barnes' performance. I don't think there's any grey areas here. You don't agree. That's plain to see.

This is where it gets good. Stick with it.

The foundation for your withering retort is based around a highlight of one shot that you saw on telly. I'll repeat - you've dismissed McShane's comment about the performance by Barnes today because you've seen a 10 second clip of Barnes shooting at the keeper.

You're the one that quoted McShane's comments about Barnes' performance today. You're the one who said "Are you f***ing serious".

Now, if you haven't got that then sadly you probably never will. I'm off to bed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oy. Calm down dearie and stop getting all sweary. You're coming across all cyber warrior. I'll explain really slowly as you are not getting the point.

Mcshane pointed out (cryptically) that Barnes had another good game today. By the word 'game' he means his overall performance for the entire time he was on the pitch. I agree with this. Barnes played well today. He had a good game.

Still with me?

You dismiss this with the phrase "Are you f***ing serious?" You clearly disagree with McShane's pithy comment about Barnes' performance. I don't think there's any grey areas here. You don't agree. That's plain to see.

This is where it gets good. Stick with it.

The foundation for your withering retort is based around a highlight of one shot that you saw on telly. I'll repeat - you've dismissed McShane's comment about the performance by Barnes today because you've seen a 10 second clip of Barnes shooting at the keeper.

You're the one that quoted McShane's comments about Barnes' performance today. You're the one who said "Are you f***ing serious".

Now, if you haven't got that then sadly you probably never will. I'm off to bed.
You're the one that has completey missed the point. And as I said, you've read something that isn't there and you clearly wanted to see.

I have said I wasn't there dearie, so how the f*** can I comment on his game today.

The "are you f***ing serious" is not clearly talking about his performance today, as I wasn't there. You still with me.

"Are you serious" was aimed as, are you f***ing serious bouncing this thread, because Barnes scored a lucky goal. Are you seriously saying Barnes is a class player because of that goal?

I dont don't see how it could taken any other way as I have said I was not there. I have said, and will say again I WAS NOT THERE. Do I need to say it again

You have CLEARLY read that comment and interpreated it to meet your needs. I CLEARY could not have commented on Ashley whole game today, as I HAVE CLEARLY stated I WAS NOT THERE.

And if you can't understand that, then there not much else I can do other than say I WASN'T AT THE GAME, SO HOW CAN I COMMENT ON HIS WHOLE PERFORMANCE TODAY!!! I CAN NOT. I DID NOT. Is that clear enough for you?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You're the one that has completey missed the point. And as I said, you've read something that isn't there and you clearly wanted to see.

I have said I wasn't there dearie, so how the f*** can I comment on his game today.

The "are you f***ing serious" is not clearly talking about his performance today, as I wasn't there. You still with me.

"Are you serious" was aimed as, are you f***ing serious bouncing this thread, because Barnes scored a lucky goal. Are you seriously saying Barnes is a class player because of that goal?

I dont don't see how it could taken any other way as I have said I was not there. I have said, and will say again I WAS NOT THERE. Do I need to say it again

You have CLEARLY read that comment and interpreated it to meet your needs. I CLEARY could not have commented on Ashley whole game today, as I HAVE CLEARLY stated I WAS NOT THERE.

And if you can't understand that, then there not much else I can do other than say I WASN'T AT THE GAME, SO HOW CAN I COMMENT ON HIS WHOLE PERFORMANCE TODAY!!! I CAN NOT. I DID NOT. Is that clear enough for you?

You really do come across as a complete idiot in this thread (not saying you are but you come across as it). Your attack on Barnes last week was out of order. After your ridiculous comments about him, I watched Barnes carefully yesterday and everything he did proved how wrong you were. He is a young player who may not be the finished article but has huge potential and in his first full season he has 11 goals before the end of January, a great effort for someone who isn't nearly good enough.

As for your post above, you are clearly missing Buzzer's point. The bounce is clearly related to Barnes' performance yesterday and not the goal (as it obviously was down to a goalkeeping error). Barnes was fantastic all game yesterday and, as much as one game doesn't prove anything, your views were only put on here after one poor performance so you can't complain about that either.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The bounce is clearly related to Barnes' performance yesterday and not the goal (as it obviously was down to a goalkeeping error). Barnes was fantastic all game yesterday and, as much as one game doesn't prove anything, your views were only put on here after one poor performance so you can't complain about that either.
Well it wasn't that clear was it!! You can read it any number of ways.

Maybe I should bounce this thread (and the others) after every shit game he plays, or everytime he doesn't score. But then thats not the point of it. I dont rate him on the back of one game, and agree the timing of the thread was a bit off. Maybe should have waited until after the Watford game. But the goal yesterday sums him up as a player to me. Take him out of a side running away with the league, and put him in a mid table one or one struggling at the wrong end of the table, and he'll stand out like a sore thumb. He's only appears to be doing well because of the side he is in, put him in an above average side, and he look averge, put him in a average side and he'll look poor, ie not good enough

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its all subjective, no rights or wrongs, but for a young lad still learning I think he's doing alright. His strength is the happy knack of being in the right place when a cross/deflection/rebound/ricochet/knock down comes about.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I joked with my mate today, that some cock will bounce this thread, even though it was a shit shot and very very lucky goal. And we have a winner

And if you're judging his performance on just his goal then more fool you. He sounded quality all game as backed up by everyone who went.

So yeah, you keep whining when he doesn't score, whining when does and we'll just enjoy what most people consider a bright young talent bought for next to nothing.

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here