Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ashley barnes - hands off says mariner

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Last edited:

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
Does like nice though from the images I've seen, different to practically anything else with the quirky shape. Are Plymouth our sole South Coast representatives for the World Cup bid?

Bristol got it as well I think, the final set of cities are still set to be named so Plymouth haven't definitely got it.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Yeah that is pretty nice I must agree. Couple of years and we will be playing in a 46,000 capacity stadium.

0,,10364~7902249,00.jpg

Not bad is it.

You hope, that's just an artists impression, check this beauty out my 'andsome:

4526135663_fc73fcffb4_b.jpg

That's a real stadium being built with £96 million of our chairman's money, although we haven't got any money to throw about obviously according to the Janner! :falmer:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Sorry, I got a little bit snappy because of some of the idiotic posters on this site that think you have a chance of signing Barnes with such ease. He is a Plymouth player and if he isn't come August I would be surprised. If you get promotion next season I would be shocked to be honest, we have set out plans to try and gain premiership football (although they are poor to say the least) and you are trying to push on to get out of L1. How some of your fans believe that an investment of £10million+ is going to happen is ridiculous, even GP has said that it is false. You dont have a great amount of money, and if you want Barnes your going to have to offer him an increase in his contract, which to be honest you cannot afford.

And I don't know about the chip shop, you can find out next season. :wink:

The fact that he only has one year left on his contract puts him in pole postion with your club, if ash wants to come here we will get him! you sell him now for a few quid or you lose him at the end of next season for nothing!

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
shhh.....Between you and me, if you put another nought after that, you'd be a lot nearer his net worth.

Making him one of the richest people in the UK.... according to the rich list this is evidentially false. In fact he didn't make it onto the rich list which means that he is not worth more than £30million.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is all down to realistic ambition does he want to join a club with a gauranteed new stadium in 12 months time, an ambitious chairman who wants to win the division next season and then consolidate in the Championship in order to be challenging for promotion again in a few years. Or does he want to stay witha club who will struggle next season to finish in the top half and who only have dreams of building a new stadium.

Plus you then have the choice of manager Gus Poyet or Paul Mariner, at the moment, who would you rather listen to and believe.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If you get promotion next season I would be shocked to be honest, we have set out plans to try and gain premiership football (although they are poor to say the least) and you are trying to push on to get out of L1.
erm, won't you be needing to try and push out of League One before you get to the Premier League? :smile:

I would be SHOCKED if we don't finish above Plymouth next season.

Making him one of the richest people in the UK.... according to the rich list this is evidentially false. In fact he didn't make it onto the rich list which means that he is not worth more than £30million.
I've yet to see a convincing explantion of how those rich lists are compiled, the £90m investment he's made in the stadium would seem to suggest he's worth more than £30m. :)

Yep, one of the richest and until v recently (dunno if still the case) an Aussie resident and taxpayer.

Plus those UK lists are notoriously unreliable. How do you think they're compiled? Do people with over £10 million have to sign on a register? Does the taxman happily give out details to newspapers? You'd be surprised how many people slip under that register.

But in all seriousness, do you think a man who is paying - Yes, he is actually paying with his own money - £90m for a new stadium is worth less than £30m?

I've got no axe to grind with you, so I'm not trying to belittle you or anything. Just saying that our chairman is indeed one of the wealthiest men in Britain - and one of the best at hiding it too.

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
erm, won't you be needing to try and push out of League One before you get to the Premier League? :smile:

I would be SHOCKED if we don't finish above Plymouth next season.

I've yet to see a convincing explantion of how those rich lists are compiled, the £90m investment he's made in the stadium would seem to suggest he's worth more than £30m. :)

Well I stated that you are currently pushing to get out of League one, whereas we aren't are we?

And that's why I thought it was strange :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here