ashley barnes - hands off says mariner

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
_46895250_sturrock_101209_mariner_pic_online.jpg
poyet595.jpg

Come on Barnsey, there's no decision to make really, is there.

What do you reckon Ash?

Join a club on the cusp of an exciting new era, under a highly-regarded young FLAIRTASTIC manager, a loyal fan with deep pockets and a cool nickname as chairman, and a state of the art new stadium on the horizon...

OR

Play for a bloke who looks like he should be down the allotments.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do you reckon Ash?

Join a club on the cusp of an exciting new era, under a highly-regarded young FLAIRTASTIC manager, a loyal fan with deep pockets and a cool nickname as chairman, and a state of the art new stadium on the horizon...

OR

Perfectly put :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm yet to be totally convinved by Barnes. Wouldn't grumble if we signed him but wouldn't be overly excited either.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If I was an Argyle fan, I would be asking why we have let a striker who is that good, go to Brighton while Argyle have struggled like hell and got relegated?

You'd have thought loaning Puncheon to MK Dons would have taught them a lesson about using your best players not loaning them.

And the argument about needing the money is all very well, but Ashley Barnes might have helped them stay in the division, which would be worth more than just his wages.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bristol Rovers suggested they weren't looking to sell Zamora at one point.

It's all a game to push the price up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We bought the wrong one,we should have got Barnes instead of Holroyd.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's the first time I've heard Brighton being described as "up there"

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Purely inflating the valuation. Simple. Managerspeak to get a better price than he would have otherwise got. The lad looks as if he wants to stay anyway. Who could blame him. He is probably too young to even know who Mariner was because that's the point Mariner was, Gus is.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I get the distinct impression Gus is the type of manager who'd value a player in his mind and if the other club asked for more he'd not hang around haggling.

He'd just give them a short sharp, well you can f***ing keep him then attitude.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What do you reckon Ash?

OR

best laugh of the day
he will join us ...................just depends on how much they want for him,remembering they could'nt get rid quick enough 6 weeks ago

come on Ash you know it makes sense

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
i think he wants to join us but the sticking point will be the wedge they want which going by the bluff going on here isnt going to be small, just hope we get him but dont pay through the nose for him, I think he`s a really good player, i`m his greatest fan and really think he could do a job for us next year but wouldnt want him at all costs, has to be realistic, cos promising as he is, he`s not going to be our main striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here