Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ashley barnes - hands off says mariner

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
More like:

"Therefore, Barnes could find himself spearheading the Argyle attack at the start of next season — unless Brighton, or another club who have been keeping tabs on Barnes, try and buy the striker.

Mariner said: "It would have to be a very good offer to prise him away from us, because we don't want him (Barnes) to go."

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
Argyle fan here in peace. Good luck getting Barnes I really don't see him leaving us, he has gone to you to get some first team experience and I thank you for giving him that. If we had stayed up then you may have had a chance of getting him, three of our current strikers look like leaving the club at the end of the season at the moment. Barnes is on form and I can see him being a player that we are not necessarily going to start week in week out, but is going to be an important player for us. We don't need to sell him and I truly believe that it is going to require a large offer to get him away from us, Barnes has said that he is enjoying it at you at the moment, however said he is '50/50' which basically means if there is an opportunity to play for Argyle then he will take it.

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
"It's up to the two clubs what they want to do," he said. "I'm in the middle and I have got to do my job by scoring goals."

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Argyle fan here in peace. Good luck getting Barnes I really don't see him leaving us, he has gone to you to get some first team experience and I thank you for giving him that. If we had stayed up then you may have had a chance of getting him, three of our current strikers look like leaving the club at the end of the season at the moment. Barnes is on form and I can see him being a player that we are not necessarily going to start week in week out, but is going to be an important player for us. We don't need to sell him and I truly believe that it is going to require a large offer to get him away from us, Barnes has said that he is enjoying it at you at the moment, however said he is '50/50' which basically means if there is an opportunity to play for Argyle then he will take it.

Sounds like a man who wants to stay here to me..

He said: "I've still got two games left and I hope there's more to come.

"I can't thank the gaffer, Gus Poyet, enough. He has given me this chance and getting four goals in seven games is the best scoring form I've ever been in.

"I'm loving it at Brighton. I've fitted in well, the fans have been great and, as I've got another year left on my contract at Plymouth after this season, we will just have to wait to see how things develop with regards to me staying at Brighton."

We have money to spend as well, we aren't poor like we used to be.:lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Plymouth or Albion........hmmm.....spanking new stadium, flair-tastic gaffer!

I will leave it with you Ash!!

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
Sounds like a man who wants to stay here to me..

He said: "I've still got two games left and I hope there's more to come.

"I can't thank the gaffer, Gus Poyet, enough. He has given me this chance and getting four goals in seven games is the best scoring form I've ever been in.

"I'm loving it at Brighton. I've fitted in well, the fans have been great and, as I've got another year left on my contract at Plymouth after this season, we will just have to wait to see how things develop with regards to me staying at Brighton."

We have money to spend as well, we aren't poor like we used to be.:lolol:

Be my guest and spend it then, give us a nice tasty some of money and we will spend it on someone better than Barnes. Of course he is saying stuff like that he is not going to say that he is having a crap time with you and cannot wait to leave is he? The amount of times players have said stuff like that whilst on loan at other clubs is ridiculous. If we sit him down and tell him that we want him to be with us, then he will stay. We have set his career up for him, brang him in from a non league team and helped him through it by sending him out on loan (hence why he is with you). Give us a serious offer and you can have him.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I stopped reading after this. Made me laugh though.

Also I think you're both underestimating the attraction of playing for us and exaggerating the attraction of playing for you.

But then I would say that and you would say what you said.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Personally I don't think he's good enough.

If BHA want to be pushing for play offs then we need a better striker than Barnes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Was it a mistake to let him come on loan to us do you think?

SuperGreens

Apr 29, 2010
No offence but your not the most prestigious club in the world, I know that neither are Argyle but at least if/when we get promoted we have a good chance of staying up. Lets just put into perspective who you would join regardless of who you support, a team that has ambition and want to try and get into the premier league, or a team that is a mid table League one side. If either of us get promoted he will be pushed straight out of the side, he is a L1 player and nothing more. And no I don't think it was a mistake loaning him to you, you have provided him with first team experience that he has needed to progress, give us a good offer and you can have him. He will be useless if promotion is achieved.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009

Delusional!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No offence but your not the most prestigious club in the world, I know that neither are Argyle but at least if/when we get promoted we have a good chance of staying up. Lets just put into perspective who you would join regardless of who you support, a team that has ambition and want to try and get into the premier league, or a team that is a mid table League one side. If either of us get promoted he will be pushed straight out of the side, he is a L1 player and nothing more. And no I don't think it was a mistake loaning him to you, you have provided him with first team experience that he has needed to progress, give us a good offer and you can have him. He will be useless if promotion is achieved.

Also no offence but what makes you think your team has more ambition (or a better chance, for that matter) of getting to the PL than us?

True it was a plain matter of fact that we were restricted to an 'undersized shell' until very recently but things are changing fast down on the South-East coast.

Re: Barnes.....no idea in terms of later (higher league) potential but would be a decent addition to our SQUAD for next season.

P.S Is that cracking fish and chip restaurant (with the plump-bellied foreign-looking proprietor) still there in the Barbican area? Went there when staying in the weekend of our 2-2 draw with you a few years ago.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good luck. You dont have as much money as you think you do.

Because you know more about my club than me? Did you know we have a chairman who is a multi-millionaire? Did you know he has paid for the NEW stadium out of his own money? Thought not. You know nothing about our club, so don't come on here making assumptions.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Stuffed my face with a first rate lobster after waiting in the pub next door for them to call in and tell us our table was ready.

Great weekend!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here