Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, that was frightening stuff from the Aussies, not sure how England managed not to lose more wickets. I was a bit surprised not to see Green bowl at Root: he'd have got a lot of help from this pitch, there's plenty of bounce in it, and Root is his bunny at the moment.

An early wicket tomorrow and it's pretty much all over. I can't see England winning this as it is, but if they knock Root or Stokes over straight away, I can't see it lasting to lunch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Woke up at 6, there was a glimmer of hope. Sadly that's the Ashes gone

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't worry chaps, will be all over long before we wake tomorrow... Then we can have a meaningless debate about batting techniques and potential changes in the team and management and then..... This all happens again.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brings back memories of 2006. Decide to go out to watch. By a fat fingered mistake I had bought 11 tickets for Day 4 at the MCG. On Day 1 I sold them for half price to a tout. On Day 3 the game was finished. 4-0 down. Even getting refunded in full for the Day 4 tickets byTicketmaster didn't cheer me up. Not often you get the better of a tout.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't worry chaps, will be all over long before we wake tomorrow... Then we can have a meaningless debate about batting techniques and potential changes in the team and management and then..... This all happens again.

:dunky::bla::tantrum::down::annoyed::wozza::shrug::bounce::catfight::flounce::drama:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brings back memories of 2006. Decide to go out to watch. By a fat fingered mistake I had bought 11 tickets for Day 4 at the MCG. On Day 1 I sold them for half price to a tout. On Day 3 the game was finished. 4-0 down. Even getting refunded in full for the Day 4 tickets byTicketmaster didn't cheer me up. Not often you get the better of a tout.

And not a pedalow in sight!!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Blimey, that was frightening stuff from the Aussies, not sure how England managed not to lose more wickets. I was a bit surprised not to see Green bowl at Root: he'd have got a lot of help from this pitch, there's plenty of bounce in it, and Root is his bunny at the moment.

An early wicket tomorrow and it's pretty much all over. I can't see England winning this as it is, but if they knock Root or Stokes over straight away, I can't see it lasting to lunch.

This really needs to be said. As much as England's batting is a busted flush, this was an outstanding spell of bowling from the Australian pace attack. That first ball Cummings delivered to Hameed was something else, and despite continued high standards, he didn't even get a wicket.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

I was there too. In fact I’ve seen 11 Ashes tests down under, just 1 win! In that 2006/7 series, I took some really great pictures at the Perth test and someone suggested I try and sell them or get them published. I approached a couple of magazines and they just laughed and said they already had enough pictures of us losing thank you very much!

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Honestly Jimmy deserves so much better

Jul 20, 2003
Honestly Jimmy deserves so much better

Was about to post something similar.

Only good thing about our feeble batting is that he won't be needed for more than a couple of overs in this match.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Just seen some of the highlights. I think Malan was unlucky to be given out - it’s amazing how many times the umpire will give it out lbw against us when it’s only umpire’s call, but when the Aussies are batting it’s given not out. Maybe the umpires get sucked in a bit by the roar of the crowd etc.

I appreciate that is not why we will lose the series, but I’ve started noticing it more and more. Like when Bob Willis said in the 1970/1 tour of 7 test matches, our bowlers did not get given a single lbw throughout the whole series!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here