Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't think any of this England side would get in my all time English Test XI - possibly Anderson when he was a bit younger, but definitely nobody else, not even Root.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't think any of this England side would get in my all time English Test XI - possibly Anderson when he was a bit younger, but definitely nobody else, not even Root.

That must be some seam attack you have in mind if the most prolific seam bowler of all time isn’t even sure of a place.
Ed Giddins and Dean Headley?:lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England test team - 1 win in 12 matches (after this week because let’s face it)

Albion - 1 win in 12

I hate sport

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Silverwood has been an unmitigated disaster.

A team containing England all-time greats Root, Stokes and Anderson shoukd not be getting outplayed on every single day of every test match. This is staggering under-preparation.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That must be some seam attack you have in mind if the most prolific seam bowler of all time isn’t even sure of a place.
Ed Giddins and Dean Headley?:lolol:

Too short and too slow....

D

Deleted member 2719

I feel sorry for any pommie in aus whether visiting or worse still living there.
Is this the worse ever English cricket team?

D

Deleted member 2719

England test team - 1 win in 12 matches (after this week because let’s face it)

Albion - 1 win in 12

I hate sport

There is no comparable, Albion have always been in all the matches.

Look forward to seeing your usual Albion negativity later, whether we win lose or draw, you will find some.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I feel sorry for any pommie in aus whether visiting or worse still living there.
Is this the worse ever English cricket team?

People talk about the England 90s team being bad, but look at the Aussie team they were up against. Their 2nd eleven at the time was probably the second best team in the world.
The current Aussie team isn’t that great yet we are making them look like world beaters.
It’s a rotten England team atm in all department. Root must feel so let down by those around him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Too short and too slow....

Well, yeah, he hasn’t been great in this series but he’s got 500-odd wickets in the bag. Bit disrespectful to say he wouldn’t make an all time England team imo. There’s a strong case for him making a best ever world eleven, let along England.

D

Deleted member 2719

People talk about the England 90s team being bad, but look at the Aussie team they were up against. Their 2nd eleven at the time was probably the second best team in the world.
The current Aussie team isn’t that great yet we are making them look like world beaters.
It’s a rotten England team atm in all department. Root must feel so let down by those around him.

Do we have any young talent coming through?
Is the coaching poor?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Do we have any young talent coming through?
Is the coaching poor?

It’s all of our own making.
Long form cricket isn’t a priority in the county game because it doesn’t make any money.
Then you get added BS like The Hundred and the overall cricketing schedule.
Eventually this leads to a crushing Ashes defeat.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Long form cricket isn’t a priority in the county game because it doesn’t make any money.

Exactly, until we can get some batsmen that leave the ball, I think the test team is screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Exactly, until we can get some batsmen that leave the ball, I think the test team is screwed.

Short term solution do we have any ball leavers we could have called on?
Any that they retired to early?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

The batsmen did leave it more last night, from what I saw. But the runs completely dried up.
It’s fun to speculate on “if we did this, if we did that”.
The reality is the Aussies would thrash this England team whatever we did.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I think that a lot of you are being very unfair on the batsmen, sorry i mean batters the opening pair lasted for a good 30 minutes together before both were back in the pavilion.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
The batsmen did leave it more last night, from what I saw. But the runs completely dried up.
It’s fun to speculate on “if we did this, if we did that”.
The reality is the Aussies would thrash this England team whatever we did.

I agree I have thought 5-0 from the outset as England just aren’t good enough.
It’s more than about just leaving it to be honest I don’t think England’s set up is there to produce batsmen who can leave it and keep the scoreboard ticking. Which is one the the arts of test cricket, which is being lost due to all the money being in the short formats of the game.
The players are just a product of the system they are in to be fair to them and I’d say it’s very difficult to change this approach during a series with success.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes, yes and yes. And it will continue.

That's why I spend more time wistfully watching old stuff in YouTube now.

Such a shame. Apart from, perhaps, Josh Bohannon, I can't see any batsman who will make a difference to this line up.

I don't think we even have Kolpak now !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here