Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Surprised not to see this thread on page1. Nobody up and watching?

Aussies won toss and bat. Broad gets Harris with a stunning flying catch by Butler. Aus 20/1 after first hour.

Hate watching pictures from Aussie tv though. Switched on about 10 past 4 and the score was showing 0-3. Got momentarily very excited until my befuddled early morning brain remembered they show the score the wrong way round :down:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Stupid decision not to play a spinner. Adelaide always turns a bit later on in the match, regardless of the colour of the ball.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Buttler drops a dolly, Broad can't hold a tricky one. Concerning.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is it just me or is watching England bowl in Australia basically the same as watching Brighton attack and midfield vs a defence defending deep? They all look controlled and do a job but in reality they all look like the same player with no one with pace, flair or skill that makes them different to the others. This leads to a situation where we have very little cutting edge.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This 2nd wicket partnership will probably win them the game. Expect a lot of these partnerships from Warner and the Frenchman.

Unless the weather interrupts expect 5-0.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Send them home NOW....before our batting crumbles once again tomorrow evening.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully Root's last series as captain. Man's useless with the armband. Let him bat and let someone more competent do the other stuff.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ah shame. Warner didn't get his ton

Warner c Broad b Stokes 95

AUS 176/2

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully Root's last series as captain. Man's useless with the armband. Let him bat and let someone more competent do the other stuff.

The obvious new candidate isn't jumping out at me.

I don't think he's exactly Brearly either, but when a team have a dismal top order, ageing seam attack, choice of highly expensive spinners, and a butterfingered slip cordon, it's not easy for a captain to really shine

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just hook it to my veins

[tweet]1471420145042087941[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed. This time tomorrow, we'll be 46/3, replying to 496/8 dec
Remember what Boycott used to say? " look at a score of 150 ish for one then add 2 wickets, is it still a good score "

When Australia bat that should be changed to " When Australia get to 150-1 add another 100 and NO wickets " ..... You can't go far wrong then.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We have had very very little luck today. 20 play and misses from lab is quite something. Yes we need to pitch it up a little more but we have deserved more wickets. Our xW must be quite high. The comparisons to Brighton are unreal. The Buttler drop could be Mwepu miss.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh dear Jos :nono:

And that, as I keep moaning on and on about, is why you play your best keeper despite batting averages.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still at least Buttler's batting makes up for it.

Oh, wait...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here