Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Aussie commentary is really bad. Laddish banter. Test cricket is far more nuanced than this. Alison Mitchell is BT’s best commentator. She calms it all down. Warne on Sky is quite decent. On this he’s a bit of a yob until AM arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly predicted in post #229

"Surprised and pleased by today's fightback but, have to temper this score by reminding ourselves the last 8 wickets could easily go for 40-50 runs. England are always a wicket or two away from total collapse."

I hate being right, still at least I had a good nights sleep.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Crashed and burned, one good session from England. Adelaide Thurs, need to regroup fast

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I fell asleep afer the lastleg, woke up at 12:30 on the sofa @ 250/5 and went straight to bed. Had a strange thought Stokes may still be batting when I woke up, but once I was actually awake guessed it'd be all over. Pathetic

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I had 2 good hours watching a couple of episodes of Succession then turned over to the cricket at 12:20 to see if Root and Malan had pushed on to their tons. 3 wickets for 11 runs before the new ball. Briefly considered staying up to see if they made it to the lunch break but thought better of it. Maybe pick 3 batters and 6 bowlers for Adelaide? Most of the bowlers can bat a bit.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I had 2 good hours watching a couple of episodes of Succession then turned over to the cricket at 12:20 to see if Root and Malan had pushed on to their tons. 3 wickets for 11 runs before the new ball. Briefly considered staying up to see if they made it to the lunch break but thought better of it. Maybe pick 3 batters and 6 bowlers for Adelaide? Most of the bowlers can bat a bit.

Maybe this?

Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Stokes
Pope
Butler
Robinson
Wood
Broad
Anderson

Although Robinson is no test eight.
It’s questionable if Stokes is fit.
Broad and Anderson haven’t played much.
Burns had a shocker last game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Maybe this?

Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Stokes
Pope
Butler
Robinson
Wood
Broad
Anderson

It would be just as good to simply pick the team at random. Other than Root, they are all walking wickets.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It would be just as good to simply pick the team at random. Other than Root, they are all walking wickets.

Can’t really argue with that although Pope and Hameed did alright at times. Will they stay in long enough to get big runs though?
I never had high expectations for this series tbh.
Big pressure on branderson to deliver next week.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Whatever the team it's like rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic, not going to make any difference to the result.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The potential replacements for everyone I would drop (too numerous to mention) are worse than the current incumbents.

Somebody must be able to bat somewhere in this country.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The potential replacements for everyone I would drop (too numerous to mention) are worse than the current incumbents.

Somebody must be able to bat somewhere in this country.

I've often thought this, I came to the conclusion, as I did with the abject failure of our footballers at International level, as opposed to the success of individuals at club/lucrative level that it is A: Financial, and B: ( more importantly) psychological.

If England want to win they need an Australian attitude. Tea cakes and gin doesn't work.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Maybe this?

Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root
Stokes
Pope
Butler
Robinson
Wood
Broad
Anderson

Woakes in for one of Broad or Anderson. There's only one thing worse than playing them both, and that's playing neither. Batsmen need to step up. I do like the deliberate way that Hameed bats though (not that I saw any of the first test though; but he seems to have the mindset, resolve, application and concentration for Test cricket).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here