Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a kid, what did you stand on at the Goldstone?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I've just found my Seagulls stool that my Grandad made for me in 1981, a small wooden thing, painted in blue and white strips, with Seagulls stencilled on the top. I was too small to see over the wall at the front of the North Stand. It's still in surprisingly good nick :D

Anyone else have any home-made stools, or was it all milk crates and the like? Anything more ingenious?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
my dad made two stools for my brother and i but normally these were taken by nasty big boys during the game:( :( :(

we used stand at north of the west stand in front of the old bbc sussex elevated shed, remember that!!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
PILTDOWN MAN said:
my dad made two stools for my brother and i but normally these were taken by nasty big boys during the game:( :( :(

Bloody bullies :angry:

PILTDOWN MAN said:
we used stand at north of the west stand in front of the old bbc sussex elevated shed, remember that!!!
Never stood there. Was always behind the goal in the north.

Vividly remember walking down the Old Shoreham Road from home with my stool proudly under my arm, and a car slowing down alongside and the blokes inside screaming "Seaweed" at me. Made me yell even louder when got to Goldstone.

Fabulous days
:clap2:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
PILTDOWN MAN said:

I hope yours was reinforced:D

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I stood at the front of the North west for my first game then onto the Northsatnd before spending my last years at the goldstone standing on the perimeter by gate 24 at the front of the north. 6 years as a steward and never missed a goal :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: think I was supposed to be watching the crowd though :shootself :lolol:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I used to stand on an old stool too. We used to stand in the South when it had a terrace or on the East when the South was errrr burnt down !! I then graduated to the North (without my stool!!) when I was old enough to go with my mates :clap2:

Those were the days....makes me feel old :rolleyes:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing, as I was never there... :(

I'll have to ask my mate Ciaran who was at a fair few matches there when he lived in Eastbourne as a kid....

Lush

Mods' Pet
MY grandad also made me a stool. It's legs folded up into the seat to make it easy to carry and it had metal tips on the feet. He was well clever my grandad. He also did the carpentry on The Queen's Train.

I still use the stool as a bedside table.

:)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
sams dad said:
I hope yours was reinforced:D

i'm glad it wasn't built by you:D :D :D

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Archer was the only stool I wanted to stand on and jump around on and generally destroy :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I had a yellow milk crate i stood on, right on the halfway line in the East Terrace, as soon as i was big enough though i was straight in the North Stand centre towards the back!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Was I one of the lucky (or plucky?!) few who were allowed to stand in the north as an 8-year-old, then? Have met a few people recently who 'graduated' into the north after stints elsewhere...

Lush, your grandad sounds cooler than mine :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here