Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a fan,i have had enough.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Living here in Leek,i can only attend away games.:clap: However as someone how buys from the club shop,has Seagulls World,i also chip in weekly to the appeal 'alive and kicking'. As an exile there is not much more i can do. In almost three years of 'chippin in' i have yet to receivce a thank-you,from the club. Enough is enough. :angry: :censored: :albion: What the hell is going on?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Why do you need a thank you? Are the club expected to thank each and every person who donates some money, buys a raffle ticket, buys a cap?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What do you want a personal letter signed by Martin and Dick?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Leekbrookgull said:
As an exile there is not much more i can do.

That night you started thread after thread of random drunken ramblings about different football grounds was more than enough. It still makes me laugh now just thinking about it.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SeagullJay

Feb 6, 2006
Dubai
I think many of us exiles who try and do our bit feel the same - we just have to keep 'chipping in' I guess

BUT I have not sponsored a kit this year as cant attend dinner which is main benefit of doing so

perhaps they could introduce packages for 'exiles'

Seagulls World is ok

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Leekbrookgull said:
YES, a letter would be ok. NEVER take anyone for granted.:albion:

So, after donating money to the club you want them to then go and waste all that money sending out thousands of letters of thankyou to all the people who have supported them? Excellent idea :shootself

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Leekbrookgull said:
YES, a letter would be ok. NEVER take anyone for granted.:albion:

Actually, that is very sensible. Most charities and organizations will acknowledge a donation because they know that if you give once you will probably give again.

Top idea Leekbrook :clap:

Leekbrookgull said:
i also chip in weekly to the appeal 'alive and kicking'
I didn't know that was still going! Do you have an ongoing standing order or something? Can't beleive you wouldn't have had something from the club at some point for that.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Leekbrookgull said:
Well said Chip.:albion:

No, well said to you. I think there is a lot to your point and the club would do well to look at their customers more carefuly. It seems that there is a bit of a PR problem at the moment. This all seems to have started with the new investors fairly recently. Perhaps DK is not in as much control as we all think and board-level problems are leading to some aspects of the business being overlooked. That could, of course, be nonsense but your idea is certainly not.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: As a fan,i have had enough.

London Irish said:
I didn't know that was still going! Do you have an ongoing standing order or something? Can't beleive you wouldn't have had something from the club at some point for that.

Everyone received a thankyou letter a few weeks after it started and I believe somewhere I have a certificate to acknowledge my donation. He wants another one.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I will keep going to games no matter what.Keep buying all my Albion tops etc no matter what.
Yes I dont think Mark Mcghee is the right man at the helm yes I am pissed off at the lack of investment in the team.But at the end of the day I love this club so much I would go and pay £23even if we were 24th.
Yes voice our anger to the board,etc but to send season tickets back or to boycott games is madness.If you do that there is the chance that when you want to come back there will not be a club left to support

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Look, no one HAS to support the Albion, or go to games. If you don't want to go along, then don't - your loss. Shame to chuck it in when times get tough. The solution, of course, is to go and support Chelsea - they can buy anyone they like, and will win almost every game. I hope that makes you happy. Me, I'll carry on supporting the Albion through thick and thin (and over the last 38 years there's been an awful lot of thin). Funnily enough, I've never thought about chucking it in.

Dear Leekbrookgull

Can you play for us against Millwall? We're desperately looking for a new striker. You say you can get to away matches, so I can't see that there will be a problem.

Are you any good? If so, I'm sure that Mr McGhee will be only too happy to slot you in at right back. Once you've proved you've got what it takes to be an Albion striker, he'll then invite you on to the bench to sit next to him and learn all the tricks of the trade.

Yours sincerely

Dick Knight,
Chairman

PS Thank you for buying a shirt the other week. Don't forget to bring it with you.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As a fickle, exiled supporter I just don't think I can be arsed to even log into the chatroom tomorrow. I'm not bothered anymore what colour blue the shirts are, I don't give a toss that nobody wants to play for us, that Withdean is crap, that we have had worse days than these, that we used to play at Gillingham :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: The constant Falmer :O :O :O lost me years ago.

:clap: :clap: :clap: to those with the heart to keep the faith. I just can't be arsed anymore :( :wave:

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
What a load of shrinking violets - get behind yer team - theres ups and theres downs - Mcgoo is our manager at the moment - you dont like him - tough shite - its great being an Albion supporter when the goings good, but its now that they need you. Stop effing bleating and get to Bristol. I sit down here in Carrot Cruncher land listening to all this moaning, it makes me effing sick, I can manage to get all our games to support the Albion, get off yer fat arses and get behind the team!!!!!!!!!!!!

wcnige

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
plymouth nige said:
What a load of shrinking violets - get behind yer team - theres ups and theres downs - Mcgoo is our manager at the moment - you dont like him - tough shite - its great being an Albion supporter when the goings good, but its now that they need you. Stop effing bleating and get to Bristol. I sit down here in Carrot Cruncher land listening to all this moaning, it makes me effing sick, I can manage to get all our games to support the Albion, get off yer fat arses and get behind the team!!!!!!!!!!!!

wcnige
They can't. They've all got Tender Egos.

Poor loves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here