Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsne Wenger and Liam Brady

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I know the sages on here every so often spout the line that the Albion have some special relationship with Arsenal which means they will loan us some of their up and coming players. Instead they seem to use us as some form of dumping ground for all the cast offs which means their reserve team is not clogged up with players that would struggle to get into the Albion team of 96/97.

Look at the evidence, since we left the Goldstone, with the exception of Sidwell, who was a quality player, although far too ginger, the Goons have lumbered us with;

1. Valur Gíslason, seemingly a footballer, but the evidence suggests otherwise, last seen back in Iceland, supplying Ms Katona with amazing deals on chicken nuggets and non stock items.

2. Graham Barrett, well other than decking a Portsmouth player, he ran around a lot, but did nothing, Craig Davies is more likely to score than this character. Seemingly playing in the SPL, but that is a combination of pub football and monkey tennis.

3. Joe O'Cearuill. Did he really join Arsenal as a footballer? Maybe he was there to wash the kits and blagged himself a game? Went to the north London retirment home at Barnet (one step up from playing for Spurs), but now brewing cider in the west country whilst getting relegated with Forest Green Rovers.

4. Gavin Hoyte, well this one is special, why we kept him on loan is a mystery, cannot defend, cannot attack and on Saturday could not trap a football. Wenger most have thought he had got rid of the Hoyte's when he soild one of them to Boro, but this one is still there. If he has time on his contract with the Goons, please can he clogged up their reserves, rather than ours.

So Wenger, if you are looking to loan players to us, please can they at least have some mantra of basic footballing skills? If you are trying to off load your old tat, please apply at Fratton Park or Selhurst Park.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it is a bad idea to have 'links' with Arsenal. Anyone that is any good will generally be loaned out to a Championship side (if that) or play in the cups.

Steve Sidwell aside, we have had a lot of tripe from them. If we are insistent on a London club, we would do well to go for Spurs. Yeovil have benefited from that. Perhaps now that Dick has been shuffled into a life presidency, we will consider attacking Spuds.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like the special relationship between us and the USA, ie they barely remember who we are.

I would expect Gus to get more change out of Chelsea and Spurs these days.

For what it's worth, I was told recently by a friend of a friend's dad (I know, I know) who works at Arsenal that Gus Poyet has definitely spoken with Liam Brady regarding Mark Randall who's spent the season on loan at Milton Keynes.

I expect I'll be shot to pieces for bullshitting but just passing on what I heard.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Forget that

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Well..if we go by Football Manager...and I always do...Jay Emmanuel-Thomas always does a pretty good job on loan...wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez Watt come in either.

If we can steal Wojciech Szczęsny off of Brentford from Arsenal for next season on loan as our 'keeper...we'll be sorted. He's been exceptional for Brentford this season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would you lend your best young players to a team that play in a athletics stadium and play second fiddle at their university training 'facilities' to the Uni football teams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here