Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsne Wenger and Liam Brady

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shirley you mean Calderon is a vast improvement on Whing; & Painter is a vast improvement on Hoyte?

No Whing was the original right back who Hoyte took over from and Calderon then took over from Hoyte. Painter would be compared to our left backs not right backs. Yes Painter is an improvement , at the moment, on McNulty who is an improvement at left back on El Abd,

My name is not Shirley

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No Whing was the original right back who Hoyte took over from and Calderon then took over from Hoyte. Painter would be compared to our left backs not right backs. Yes Painter is an improvement , at the moment, on McNulty who is an improvement at left back on El Abd,

My name is not Shirley

Right, I think I've gotcha. I guess I was just trying to say that Hoyte's played at L/B too (but then so has El-Abd hasn't he). You know what? I've right confused meself now! :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was at Celtic before us and I think the poster was refering to his time as our manager.

I was the original poster and I was thinking about his qualities as a league manager full stop. The fact that he has chosen to take the route he has, since he left here, would seem to bear that out???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here