Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Done deal apparently , fees and terms agreed. To be announced next couple of days

[tweet]1417124219826147330[/tweet]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would find it mildly amusing if Ben ends up at Arsenal and his bestie signed for us.

Kalvin Phillips? That is never going to happen, I'm afraid. Apart from him being genuinely Leeds though and through (unlike White), he's just been an integral part of the most successful England team in 5 years. If he goes anywhere, it's going to be for far more money than we could ever bid and to someone like Man City or Chelsea.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Exactly.

Although, I wouldnt rule out Man Utd - dont most of Leeds better players end up there?

Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen, Cantona, Alan Smith, Greenoff, Rio Ferdinand.

Kalvin Phillips? That is never going to happen, I'm afraid. Apart from him being genuinely Leeds though and through (unlike White), he's just been an integral part of the most successful England team in 5 years. If he goes anywhere, it's going to be for far more money than we could ever bid and to someone like Man City or Chelsea.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, you've quoted some gobbledygook. If the Plain Englosh Campaaign stopped there it would be harmless; unfortunately it doesn't - it attacks beautiful stylish English, advocating replacing it with dull, austere and dumbed down functionality. Horrible organisation, with horrible aims.

Only where effective communication of the message is more important than the "floral" quality of the text. If there was an organisation I could label as "Horrible organisation, with horrible aims" it is probably one you voted for.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only where effective communication of the message is more important than the "floral" quality of the text. If there was an organisation I could label as "Horrible organisation, with horrible aims" it is probably one you voted for.
Couldn't disagree more. Good afternoon!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do I now? Assume away, dear.

I went from one thread where HWT was mocking grammar/punctuation/whatevs to open another to see him doing it again - hence some irritation and "give it a rest" (you utter bore), all the constant mocking and pomposity.

Anyway, my bad - it's always best to mutter to oneself and ignore and carry on, no need to respond. He's on Ignore now because life is too short to read his constant posts and I imagine he's the type who'll come back (repeatedly) with a mocking and pompous reply and who cares, no need to sweat the small stuff.

NSC is an awesome place but really quite unwelcoming at times.

As for sloppyattheback, I love him/her, my favourite poster by far, always always makes me laugh :thumbsup:

WADDAYAMEEN we are unwelcoming? Why don't you sod off? or of. You piece have shit.

:D

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
News stories all seem to think it's just a case of BW getting back and having a medical and then it's done, but I am not that sure that the deal agreed "in principle" isn't dependent on us making a signing to replace him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How many times over the last month have we heard that the deal is done with Arsenal? He may well end up there but we seldom do business like that. Any leaks will be frowed upon & I am not sure if this is 100% in the bag.???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many times over the last month have we heard that the deal is done with Arsenal? He may well end up there but we seldom do business like that. Any leaks will be frowed upon & I am not sure if this is 100% in the bag.???
The deal is done this time.

There is none of the "a well placed source says that reports are wide of the mark" stuff from Naylor.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Having a lovely old break ! Now in Ibiza. How’s he going to avoid 10 day quarantine on the way back ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here