Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
An established PL club like ours (‘ave it) can stand toe-to-toe with the toxic six especially when the wizard GPott is leading us to the top 5 (the bookies say so). PAY UP or **** off. Actually, just **** OFF:)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I suspect we may need both White and Biss go this summer if the money on both is right.

Some of the funds will go into the transfer kitty however incoming £120-£130m including fringe players Id expect a big chunk to wipe out the 67m debt and balance the books

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They've done us a goodun haven't they? Can't imagine White demanding to leave for that mess, nor Bloom agreeing to it. So the message is clear- you want the most highly rated young CB in the country we aren't even talking for less than £50 million.

I thought this…….they’re the newbies in the auction room that lob an early bid in that makes all the serious buyers in the room mutter ‘FFS’ under their breath.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I was wondering if Ben (apparently) was very keen to go to Leeds and we (understandably said no) whether, if he expresses interest to go to Arsenal (or a bigger team) Bloom will say no to him again? A player now knocking around with the England squad may be unhappy with staying at (still) little ol Brighton for too long...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was wondering if Ben (apparently) was very keen to go to Leeds and we (understandably said no) whether, if he expresses interest to go to Arsenal (or a bigger team) Bloom will say no to him again? A player now knocking around with the England squad may be unhappy with staying at (still) little ol Brighton for too long...

Why would you want to go to Arsenal then? Liverpool, City maybe. I think he’s what Man Utd need frankly and they always over pay. £60m please.
Or we just keep for another year knowing that some big team will meet our valuation in time.

Arsenal just seem to have a complete scattergun approach this window, trying to appease their needy Manager and fan base.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

Purely speculation on my behalf, but in my mind I imagined a conversation between White/His Agent/Brighton along the lines of: "Sign a new contract, increase your wages immediately, give us one or two years of playing, if an offer comes in during summer 2021/22 for ??? pounds then please go with our blessing" I would also like to think that his agent, who obviously wants hard cash at the earliest chance, may have listened to Ashworth/Bloom when they said they believe he will be worth a lot more than the Leeds offers.

One year later, the first offer comes in 25% more than Leeds highest, he is in the England Squad, and on the horizon is a potential move to a bigger club with another pay rise. Maybe just maybe, this is an example of working with players/agents and getting the best result for everyone.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I suspect we may need both White and Biss go this summer if the money on both is right.

Some of the funds will go into the transfer kitty however incoming £120-£130m including fringe players Id expect a big chunk to wipe out the 67m debt and balance the books

While i totally agree that last seasons losses need to be covered, it is worth remembering that the £120 million you mention is without touching the tv money that is incoming annually.

Do i expect us to spend all the money recieved from those transfers? Hell no, but its enough, along with the tv money, to cover any future losses for the next season or two and also strengthen the team in other areas like up front (Gonzales and Velasco maybe Nketiah too if its to be believed we are interested in these three) and at left wing back. The positions vacated by departing players are already covered in my opinion.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It actually is! It’s on the skysports instagram but requires a lengthy scroll down the post to get to the comment.
The Arsenal contributors to the Sky Sports Tw@tter pages are also hilarious. Lots of them moaning that arsenal are fools to offer £40M and we're fools to turn it down ... :facepalm:

Even funnier though, are the ones saying, "We'll go back with a better offer - $40,000,001 should do it". Even the 23rd. to come up with that gem thinks he/she/it/indeterminate they're clever, funny and original! I suppose we should credit their brain cell for managing to be literate enough to manage posting that .................................

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Purely speculation on my behalf, but in my mind I imagined a conversation between White/His Agent/Brighton along the lines of: "Sign a new contract, increase your wages immediately, give us one or two years of playing, if an offer comes in during summer 2021/22 for ??? pounds then please go with our blessing" I would also like to think that his agent, who obviously wants hard cash at the earliest chance, may have listened to Ashworth/Bloom when they said they believe he will be worth a lot more than the Leeds offers.

One year later, the first offer comes in 25% more than Leeds highest, he is in the England Squad, and on the horizon is a potential move to a bigger club with another pay rise. Maybe just maybe, this is an example of working with players/agents and getting the best result for everyone.

I'm sure there is some truth in this. Eg we won't stand in your way if an offer comes in that meets our valuation. I just think that Ben is better than Arsenal.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I dont want to lose Ben White, but if selling him meant we kept Biss, and had £50m+ added to our transfer kitty then i'd consider it. £50m from the sale of BW, plus whatever was originally in our transfer budget, plus anything from the sales of Ryan/AJ/Duffy etc could mean we have something like £80m-£100m to spend. For that we could get a White replacement & everything on the shopping list.

I really don't think if we sold all those players we would have 80-100 million to spend, as we have lost about that in the last 2 years and at sometime we need to balance the books, sad but true.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The Arsenal contributors to the Sky Sports Tw@tter pages are also hilarious. Lots of them moaning that arsenal are fools to offer £40M and we're fools to turn it down ... :facepalm:

Even funnier though, are the ones saying, "We'll go back with a better offer - $40,000,001 should do it". Even the 23rd. to come up with that gem thinks he/she/it/indeterminate they're clever, funny and original! I suppose we should credit their brain cell for managing to be literate enough to manage posting that .................................

I think this is a joke at Arsenal's expense, when they offered that for Suarez thinking he had a release clause of £40m.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I really don't think if we sold all those players we would have 80-100 million to spend, as we have lost about that in the last 2 years and at sometime we need to balance the books, sad but true.

Apparently we missed out on £50m during the covid seasons, Bloom said we have to forget about it, it’s not coming back.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
While i totally agree that last seasons losses need to be covered, it is worth remembering that the £120 million you mention is without touching the tv money that is incoming annually.

Do i expect us to spend all the money recieved from those transfers? Hell no, but its enough, along with the tv money, to cover any future losses for the next season or two and also strengthen the team in other areas like up front (Gonzales and Velasco maybe Nketiah too if its to be believed we are interested in these three) and at left wing back. The positions vacated by departing players are already covered in my opinion.

Around £100m of that PL money goes on wages, so I’m not sure it’s worth counting much of that for a transfer kitty.

The truth is that we haven’t really sold anyone since we got promoted, so something has to give! I get that you need to transition to a PL squad, but surely we can’t keep this up. I really hope we manage to move a load of players off our wage bill this summer!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
last year he was allegedly worth 25m
a years experience and coaching later up 60% to allegedly 40m
at this exponential growth rate there is clearly no rush to make a sale

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder if the bid was £40m cash, or 'we'd like to buy Ben White. We value him at £40m and have a few players that we'd be happy to get use in a Part/Ex.' I expect the latter. I'm sure that Arsenal need to sell before they buy or do some part exchange.
With White we are in a strong position. We can call the shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here