Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because they’re deluded TB. It’s been proven scientifically.

I mean, Leeds fans are all over the Arsenal news right now. It’s literally nothing to do with them.

[tweet]1405175617851637762[/tweet]

See below for board policy.

One of the weaknesses of our mods is that do not follow through on a previous policy to ban opposing fans from threads which have no relevance to their club.

True. Maybe the moderators have forgotten this,

This particular Leeds fan joined NSC in October 2020, the day after another trolling Leeds fan was permanently banned. Perhaps a coincidence as we were overrun with them at the time, but I don't suppose any moderators have checked to see if the user account could be a reincarnation of a previously banned large aquatic mammal?

Possibly, although I can't see this one spouting Shakespeare somehow.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020

Yeah, but don't that won't get in the way of Leeds fans' reality of it all; "over-valuing" him, maybe, but that's what a prospective seller does and if someone bites the bullet and pays the fee, then that's great for us and great for White.

There is literally no single price, the same in financial markets or even buying a car... There's a bid and there's an ask, eventually the two converge - however, the seller has to test the market first, and that's buy putting a price on the asset that they deem fair.

Unfortunately, I don't think many Leeds fans will understand economics let alone the complexities of football transfers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It would be nice to watch a few more England matches (possibly World Cup qualifiers) and see Brighton's Ben White playing, rather than Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City's Ben White.

Now of course every time he plays we won't only be treated to the standard "he played for Leeds, y'know" but now also "Arsenal want him".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How much would Leeds sell Kalvin Philips for I wonder ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Arsenal came back with £50m it'd be hard to turn down. And i always said losing BW would be easier to replace than Biss.

This.

Although £50m gets you an English defender not quite good enough for the England squad (I’m looking at you Wan Bissaka). You’d need to add on quite a few million for a young England tournament player.

Spot on RE: Biss. Looking at his highlights video for this season, I’ve never see a player like him for Brighton and don’t expect to see another for a considerable time.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It would be nice to watch a few more England matches (possibly World Cup qualifiers) and see Brighton's Ben White playing, rather than Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City's Ben White.

I ordered an England shirt with 22 White on the back... it will be delivered whilst I'm on holiday. It would be nice to wear it at least once!

I intended to quote this post but clicked the wrong button and ended up in the edit function in error. Apologies to [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION]
- Bry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I did like this , from this morning.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/brighton-tempted-arsenal-offer-four-unwanted-stars-swap-deal-50m-man

As a deal like this ever been done before.:)

Eh.... :mad:

Brighton tempted as Arsenal offer four unwanted stars for £50m man :eek:

Come on, are they skint or what....

We don't need four unwanted over paid players, imagine the increase on our salary budget if we took all four.
Never gonna happen, unless one of those are on a target list, then this deal is dead in the water, or just bollox....

We have our targets and don't need cast offs....
Calum Chambers, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock and Eddie Nketia
None of those mentioned fill me with excitement, or in my opinion are a vast improvement on what we already have.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brace yourself. Someone's almost certainly going this season. Albion will stand firm to get their price but the demand for White or Bissouma - unless Sky et al and papertalk is just that. papertalk. then someone is going to pay it..
This isn't a Zaha at 28 but premier league experienced prospects who are still only 23 and 24.
Ashworth/Barber and Bloom have hardly hid it from fans.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Does Ben White want to go to Arsenal? Mid table Arsenal. Its obviously a step up from us surely he could see that if he holds out for better offers or had another good season with us then it'll be City/Liverpool/United/Chelsea making offers.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Eh.... :mad:

Brighton tempted as Arsenal offer four unwanted stars for £50m man :eek:

Come on, are they skint or what....

We don't need four unwanted over paid players, imagine the increase on our salary budget if we took all four.
Never gonna happen, unless one of those are on a target list, then this deal is dead in the water, or just bollox....

We have our targets and don't need cast offs....
Calum Chambers, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock and Eddie Nketia
None of those mentioned fill me with excitement, or in my opinion are a vast improvement on what we already have.

Joe Willock scored in six straight games for Newcastle didn`t he, we`d be lucky to get him,

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Brace yourself. Someone's almost certainly going this season. Albion will stand firm to get their price but the demand for White or Bissouma - unless Sky et al and papertalk is just that. papertalk. then someone is going to pay it..
This isn't a Zaha at 28 but premier league experienced prospects who are still only 23 and 24.

agreed and good luck to them. However, we would also then be able to have a serious cash injection to the transfer kitty. This is a perfect opportunity to move on some fringe players, sell one big player for big money AND use the incoming funds to really enhance the team in key areas.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This.

Although £50m gets you an English defender not quite good enough for the England squad (I’m looking at you Wan Bissaka). You’d need to add on quite a few million for a young England tournament player.

Spot on RE: Biss. Looking at his highlights video for this season, I’ve never see a player like him for Brighton and don’t expect to see another for a considerable time.

I am SO with you on this. He’s the next Kante and looked what happened to Leicester in his big breakthrough year.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Correct.

To be fair from what I’ve seen past season I think most of NSC are realistic and prepared to lose one or both of these players this window.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Does Ben White want to go to Arsenal? Mid table Arsenal. Its obviously a step up from us surely he could see that if he holds out for better offers or had another good season with us then it'll be City/Liverpool/United/Chelsea making offers.

Completely agree.

He deserves better than Arsenal. Champions League worthy player. Ditto Biss.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, but don't that won't get in the way of Leeds fans' reality of it all; "over-valuing" him, maybe, but that's what a prospective seller does and if someone bites the bullet and pays the fee, then that's great for us and great for White.

There is literally no single price, the same in financial markets or even buying a car... There's a bid and there's an ask, eventually the two converge - however, the seller has to test the market first, and that's buy putting a price on the asset that they deem fair.
The seller doesn't have to do anything of the sort! And if he's got any sense at all (and our chairman certainly has) they'll keep details of the price they'd accept a closely guarded secret, and just play a waiting game.

A club offers £40M - just say no;
They offer £45M - just say no - and rinse and repeat until they offer an acceptable price or drop out of the bidding.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I dont want to lose Ben White, but if selling him meant we kept Biss, and had £50m+ added to our transfer kitty then i'd consider it. £50m from the sale of BW, plus whatever was originally in our transfer budget, plus anything from the sales of Ryan/AJ/Duffy etc could mean we have something like £80m-£100m to spend. For that we could get a White replacement & everything on the shopping list.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I dont want to lose Ben White, but if selling him meant we kept Biss, and had £50m+ added to our transfer kitty then i'd consider it. £50m from the sale of BW, plus whatever was originally in our transfer budget, plus anything from the sales of Ryan/AJ/Duffy etc could mean we have something like £80m-£100m to spend. For that we could get a White replacement & everything on the shopping list.

I could be wrong, but I’m not sure Ben White impacts Bissouma moving or not. Biss has his contract running down so we risk losing him for nowt if we don’t sell.

If anything we have more chance of keeping Ben than Bissouma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here