Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought BW was very assured. Started a very good attacking move, had a shot, shored up midfield and then blocked a certain goal on the line. Mings, Coady and Godfrey looked, as I think they are, distinctly average. With Terence Trent Derby looking sadly, badly injured , his versatility must make him favourite for the replacement slot. Prowd , very prowd!

TNBA

TTF

I guess Ben White won't necessarily be wishing well ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought BW was very assured. Started a very good attacking move, had a shot, shored up midfield and then blocked a certain goal on the line. Mings, Coady and Godfrey looked, as I think they are, distinctly average. With Terence Trent Derby looking sadly, badly injured , his versatility must make him favourite for the replacement slot. Prowd , very prowd!

Huge clamour on the BBC website for James Ward-Prowse to replace TAA - he's the obvious replacement, apparently, with hundreds of likes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Huge clamour on the BBC website for James Ward-Prowse to replace TAA - he's the obvious replacement, apparently, with hundreds of likes.

In fairness he does have more to offer as an attacking force

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It would be quite incredible if trans dropped out and they picked someone as a replacement who is not even a defender. That would suggest the same sort of thinking that England used selecting the test match side without a spin bowler.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He'll probably take Lingard, as that's the next story on the 'big boys new agenda'.

While Lingard has been a revelation at West Ham, I'm not sure that's where we need much back-up – with Grealish, Mount, Foden etc already in the squad.

But what do I know, I'd have left Mings, Henderson behind for sure, and probably Coady and Maguire too.:annoyed:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If Lingard gets picked then are we supposed to claim a Brighton player is selected in the same way Leeds fans would with White?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

And you wouldn't argue that Ward-Prowse is a worthy choice to have in the squad performing with consistency for Southampton for several years now and pretty deadly when in dead ball range.

However, with Henderson and Maguire both going to the tournament carrying injuries preventing them from playing just yet, White must come into the equation, and his coming on into midfield last night must be evidence that Southgate is thinking along those lines, along with White being a natural choice if at any point you want to play with a 3.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After last night's showing from Mings and Coady, if TAA pulls out and Southgate picks anything other than a centre back, then he is more of an idiot than I think he is.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
southgate is a plank .....he will just rely on the players to win however they can , he is bereft of tactical nous and character .......his appalling dress sense is the final straw.

if we do well it will be because of the quality of our players not because of anything the fashion abominance does.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

[tweet]1400178749598056450[/tweet]

Where is he pointing here?

This clip really highlights how good we are (Albion) at playing this way from the back now. We are far more comfortable and technically clever at doing this.

It’s strange to look at an England team and see how we are being far better coached, but that’s what it looks like to me.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I see The Guardian gave Ben a 7/10. No-one got higher (Grealish MoTM, also a 7). Coady was given 6/10, Mings 5/10.

I think pretty much everyone must recognise that Mings is a distinctly average player*, and Coady not much better. They can't even properly play the ball out from the back! [*even Villa fans seem to rate Konsa higher].

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

I see The Guardian gave Ben a 7/10. No-one got higher (Grealish MoTM, also a 7). Coady was given 6/10, Mings 5/10.

I think pretty much everyone must recognise that Mings is a distinctly average player*, and Coady not much better. They can't even properly play the ball out from the back! [*even Villa fans seem to rate Konsa higher].

What’s nice to see is that a lot of neutral fans have been impressed by Ben as well. Good sign.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

The Times also gave Ben 7/10 along with TAA, Saka, Rice and Kane, although there were three 8's (Trippier, Bellingham and Sockboy) and even a 9/10. Pickford. Who they called "England's best player". :mad: Must admit I didn't see the majority of the game, strangely getting very interested once Leeds' Ben White got his nod.

They DID give a couple of 5/10 - Godfrey and Watkins.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Then who's gonna be our transfer window man on the ground, pumping his sauces for all the latest ITK roomers?

Surely not that other reprobate?

Bradders is totally clueless we CARNT rely on him for NOtHINK.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Godfrey was a stick in the heart of the Warmington on Sea Home Guard but unreliable. Always had to run off to have a wee or a quick snooze. Cannot see how the hell he has impressed Gareth Nobrains. Must be getting on a bit as well.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here