Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Indeed. I'd say its either him or JWP.

It’ll be Lingard. That’s what Twitter and the tabloids want the story to be, so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southgate should be thankful the TAA injury has given him an opportunity to shore up a real weakness in central defence. We were lucky last night that Austria missed a couple of free headers and the one Ben White cleared off the line.

Picking Ben White now should be a no brainer.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Henderson is still suffering from a sore groin too. TAA was Southgate's extra option for midfield. Rice is just back from injury. White's got a chance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Southgate should be thankful the TAA injury has given him an opportunity to shore up a real weakness in central defence. We were lucky last night that Austria missed a couple of free headers and the one Ben White cleared off the line.

Picking Ben White now should be a no brainer.

Godley it is then ???

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
White could be useful if he realises Maguire is unfit and Mings is s***.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Godley it is then ???

I have this terrible image of Godfrey and Walker facing an onslaught of advancing Germans, like some dystopian Dad's Army nightmare.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have this terrible image of Godfrey and Walker facing an onslaught of advancing Germans, like some dystopian Dad's Army nightmare.

Sorry, yes, Godfrey... to be honest I'd never really heard of him until I saw him playing poorly for England last night.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love Ben White but... I’d take JWP as we’ve only 5 midfielders.

My son said exactly the same. He wants White but thinks Southgate will select Ward-Prowse to cover TAA's set pieces. Either are better options than Lingard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My son said exactly the same. He wants White but thinks Southgate will select Ward-Prowse to cover TAA's set pieces. Either are better options than Lingard.

If he wants a right-back that can take a set piece he already has one (see Trippier vs Croatia, WC S/F 2018)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we.currently don't have a single dead ball kickerer in a squad that currently contains the very best 25 footballists England has to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here