Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I was watchig AFTV (i know, i know) and apparently, there are rumours that Arsenal have £250 million to spend this summer and that will be topped up by player sales. Very nice of Arsenal to let the world know their finances have improved so dramatically since covid, or is it just since the failed super league attempt, whatever, those two Brighton players you want, well, White is now £125 million and guess what so is Bissouma, Matt Ryan? Lets see how you get on with your player sales shall we :thumbsup:

To be fair if they pay us £250m for white and Biss I would be willing to throw in Ryan, even without a sell on clause!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was watchig AFTV (i know, i know) and apparently, there are rumours that Arsenal have £250 million to spend this summer and that will be topped up by player sales. Very nice of Arsenal to let the world know their finances have improved so dramatically since covid, or is it just since the failed super league attempt, whatever, those two Brighton players you want, well, White is now £125 million and guess what so is Bissouma, Matt Ryan? Lets see how you get on with your player sales shall we :thumbsup:

There is a probability of zero that the Kroenkes would let the world know the Arsenal transfer budget.
These internet ‘rumours’ come from fans making stuff up and other fans quoting them with a preceding ‘I’ve heard..’

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
According to sources arsenal prepared to meet Brighton's valuation of 50+ million for Ben White?!

we put out a valuation? or is that speculation from forums and hacks of what we might accept?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to sources arsenal prepared to meet Brighton's valuation of 50+ million for Ben White?!

Turn it down - and turn it down again - and keep on turning it down until a better club comes in with an equal or better offer. Or we keep him for another twelve months and start the bidding at £60M+++

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Thing is it's all about the detail isn't it. £50m cash offer and I'm sure we'd take it.
However, if it's £40m with £10m of add ons with the add ons being ambitious ( eg top 4 finish) then I'm sure we'll turn it down.
It is probably just rumour and some so called Twitter ITK 'journalist' trying to announce it, when they know f@ck all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This isn’t a win win situation, this is a win win win situation. Let’s say we sell Ben to Arsenal for £50m, we insert a fat sell on fee, so in a year or two when a decent Champions League team take him from Arsenal we get another fat pay day.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Judging by the price of Starbursts at the Amex, I’m sure Tony knows what he’s doing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
we put out a valuation? or is that speculation from forums and hacks of what we might accept?

I'm sure Naylor said the other day it would take in excess of 50 million so if that's the case arsenal are willing.to meet the wrong valuation

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This isn’t a win win situation, this is a win win win situation. Let’s say we sell Ben to Arsenal for £50m, we insert a fat sell on fee, so in a year or two when a decent Champions League team take him from Arsenal we get another fat pay day.

If he was sold for 50m a fat pay day from a sell on fee is very unlikely. If sold for 80m, and 10% sell on which is prob max scenarios we would get a fat 3 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you tend to get 'sell ons' for £50M players? I thought sell ons were generally where there was a promising player, but potentially sold under 'true' value a bit

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I still can't believe the sort of money being talked about for an exciting prospect who has just made the England squad.

He's had one good season in the Premier (does that make him an established Premier league player ?), no real international experience and is probably some years from his peak.

If these sort of figures are even close to reality, take the money, wish him good luck, sign Biss for another year and no one mention crosses or high balls, in either penalty area :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still can't believe the sort of money being talked about for an exciting prospect who has just made the England squad.

He's had one good season in the Premier (does that make him an established Premier league player ?), no real international experience and is probably some years from his peak.

If these sort of figures are even close to reality, take the money, wish him good luck, sign Biss for another year and no one mention crosses or high balls, in either penalty area :wink:

Posters were saying pretty much the exact same thing when the offers were:-

£20m
£27m
£30m
£40m
&
£45m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here