Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Thing is, if they can offer him £120k pw ( which I'm not completely convinced of), they can stump up £50m as a transfer fee, upfront, rather than the dithering about they are undertaking.
I actually think that Arsenal haven't got the money, they need to sell first. They want White on the cheap. Good luck with that Arsenal.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Thing is, if they can offer him £120k pw ( which I'm not completely convinced of), they can stump up £50m as a transfer fee, upfront, rather than the dithering about they are undertaking.
I actually think that Arsenal haven't got the money, they need to sell first. They want White on the cheap. Good luck with that Arsenal.

Indeed let’s see them try to short change the Lizard :thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Will be interesting to see if they come back for Bissouma, i honestly think the rumours of £40 million are wildly below what we will be asking, if they are struggling with the price for White (if £50m is even true), then i dont think they will get past the polite enquiry stage for Bissouma, our stance has always been "we don't need to sell anyone"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't currently arenal owe more to other clubs in transfer fees than any other club in the premier league, or am I misremembering that from when accounts were released? Perhaps this is why we would want more money upfront from them...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It certainly seems like someone at arsenal is leaking stuff. In leaking a potential salary they have messed up in my opinion if they can offer that salary the fee should be commensurate

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I heard it by chance. He spoke about the influences on his rise to being a Premier League and now International player. Mainly speaking about his mum and also mentioned starting his senior career on loan at Newport. Not one mention of Leeds, which will no doubt wind them up.

Piece here in the Metro that also makes no mention of the Northern Monkeys, but has Ben giving some Albion appreciation.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/26/ben-...is-set-to-complete-arsenal-transfer-14833888/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Should they be offering a wage if TB hasn't accepted the offer on the table

I'm not even sure if much of this is happening.

With a player at the Euros, potentially breaking into the team, it would make no sense to agree anything over the next few weeks.

It would be like selling shares in a company just before the annual report and dividend are due whilst knowing they have had, at a minimum, a very good year to report.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It certainly seems like someone at arsenal is leaking stuff. In leaking a potential salary they have messed up in my opinion if they can offer that salary the fee should be commensurate

I would suggest there are plenty of EPL players on £120k a week that aren't being sold for £50m!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I still think this transfer was in the pipeline at the end of the season and just needed the t's and i's dotted.

I follow a guy on Instagram who I had dealings with a couple of years ago.very private, and not many followers. He is like a private concierge/ fixer for footballers. But ONLY handles London based players. Just before white got called up for England he randomly started appearing on his stories with other Arsenal/Chelsea players in no imagination, footballer type places like novikov.... thought it was a bit strange at the time but now makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
After hearing Ben’s recent quotes I’m now wondering if the entire thing is BS. And it’s just Arsenal releasing this info to try and pressure us to sell or Ben to put a transfer request in.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
+ the Arse definitely trying to demonstrate to their disillusioned fan base that they are real players in the current market. But are they???

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I still think this transfer was in the pipeline at the end of the season and just needed the t's and i's dotted.

I follow a guy on Instagram who I had dealings with a couple of years ago.very private, and not many followers. He is like a private concierge/ fixer for footballers. But ONLY handles London based players. Just before white got called up for England he randomly started appearing on his stories with other Arsenal/Chelsea players in no imagination, footballer type places like novikov.... thought it was a bit strange at the time but now makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You can only really jump to this conclusion if you can demonstrate that whenever a player starts going for nights out with other players then a transfer is in the offing. Otherwise it is like Groundhog Day with the Leeds fans last year and their bullshit about who is whose best friend.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

+ the Arse definitely trying to demonstrate to their disillusioned fan base that they are real players in the current market. But are they???

Yep, this could even be a PR move of sorts. Their beleaguered board wanting to show the disgruntled and angry fan base that they are trying.

So Brian Owen may be right. Obviously we can confirm that when the season starts. But It’s good to know which sources we can’t trust.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
But, but… Leeds fans, where’s the mention of (“he made him what he is”) Bielsa and Leeds? I’m confused.

He said: ‘The way I play now is with a lot of confidence. It’s the complete opposite of what I used to be. I think coming through Brighton the coaches and the people really believed in me.

‘I think you get that with playing and at Southampton I was on the sidelines a lot. But I went Brighton and went straight into the team and played.

‘It’s tough when you get released and you’re not wanted. Especially when you’re young, it’s hard to deal with.

‘You either sink or swim, but for me I obviously wanted it a lot and it was the only thing I wanted at the time so I went for it.’

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What is refreshing is that the name of our defender being linked to Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... Has changed from the past 5 seasons, its no longer Dunk but White.

Shows progression that the top 6 clubs are linked with more of our players.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What is refreshing is that the name of our defender being linked to Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... Has changed from the past 5 seasons, its no longer Dunk but White.

Shows progression that the top 6 clubs are linked with more of our players.

Absolutely .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here